Chapter 9: I Can Explain!

Your P.O.V

Butsu was waiting for me in my room. When I locked the door to my room in the Sun Dorms, I crashed onto my bed and cried.

And cried,

And cried.

And...

Cried.

Butsu curled up next to me, and started purring.

I giggled through my tears. "Good boy, Butsu. You're a good boy." I praised, while stroking his soft black fur.

He meowed in response.

So kawaiiiiiii ^____^ I thought. Butsu can cheer me up so quickly.

I heard a knock at the door. My Pureblood powers kicked in naturally, sensing Zero.

"Um... Zero." I said, then quickly cursed myself.

Shoot! Even as a Pureblood I''m an idiot!

"Pureblood." He spat. 

"Why.. Are you here?" I stuttered. "What business with a Pureblood besides death for one of the two vampires?"

"I came for a final goodbye... Before you're added to the list..." Kaname sounded a little choked up.

Can't blame him, he lost his two only friends, his family... Practically everything...

I used my Pureblood powers (do I have to say that every time? I feel kinda lame if I just say powers though :/ Comment what you think plz ^.^) to unlock the door, and Zero burst in with his Bloody Rose.

"(Y/N)." He nodded.

"Goodbye Zero..." I gave a small wave.

"I will kill you the next time I see you." He warned.

"And I will keep running. With no protection, I will wait for the day I die with your gun." I bowed my head.

"What? No Pureblood prince?" Zero scoffed.

I nodded. "He belongs to Yuuki, remember?"

"Not if I don't choose so." A certain brunette came in. Butsu jumped down, as if sensing my hurt against the man. He hissed as best as a kitten could, but I scooped him up.

Zero pointed his gun at the Pureblood. "I will kill your sister one day." 

"Maybe, but I would have to be dead first." Kaname shot a death glare at Zero. Zero quickly stormed out.

"(Y/N) I can explain-"

"Don't bother! Yuuki drank your blood." I fumed, squeezing the poor Butsu. He meowed in protest, causing me to quickly loosen my grip. "Sorry butsu." I quickly whispered, allowing him to jump onto the comfortable bed. He curled up, and started taking a cat nap. I almost giggled at his actions, until I remembered the certain Pureblood I was ticked off at.

"Who else would she drink? I wouldn't let her drink from someone else, she is my sister!" Kaname yelled. I widened my eyes in shock and fear, for Kaname has never raised his voice. 

"Kaname..." I took a step backwards when Kaname moved his foot towards me.

"(Y/N)... I'm sor-"

"She's my sister too..." I whispered. "Yuuki's my sister too! And you had a choice! You could have left me to drink from someone else, or you could have never changed me. WHy do I have to be a Pureblood anyway?" I snapped.

"I would never let either of you drink from someone else. And you need to be a Pureblood, because the day is nearing..." Kaname warned, suddenly behind me and wrapping his arms around me. I folded my arms, but didn't push him away.

I would never admit I like him hugging me.

"What stupid day?" I asked, annoyance evident in my voice. "All I remember is-"

A breeze caused me to stop.

I didn't leave that window open...

"Umm... Kaname? Did you open the... Window?" I asked, sinking into his arms deeper and fear in my voice.

"No." He eyed the window, and suddenly the man from when I was a kid was in front of me.

I screamed, but as soon as sound left my mouth I had blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger! Hope you enjoyed!

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight. I do not own you. I only own Butsu and the plot.

Have a greaaaat day/night/whenever you are seeing this!

-The Fabulous