𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

CHAPTER TWO deal with the devil

CHAPTER TWO
deal with the devil

❊ ❊ ❊

I STARED AT the group of boys in front of me with my jaw hung open, "No. No, no way." I repeated.

"C'mon, we've just come back from a fishing trip. We're starved." Kie pleaded.

"Without me? Wow, that weakens your chances."

"Well done, Kie. Told you I should do the talking." JJ glared at her.

"Shut up JJ." the group said in unison, causing me to giggle.

"Look, Agatha's been a bitch to The Cut. This is the only place we can get fresh food. You wouldn't want the blood of 4 dead Pogues on your hands 'cause you didn't wanna feed us, now do ya?" the blonde boy continued, despite the group's objections.

I paused for a second, mainly in shock that JJ had finally made a solid point in the first time of his life. I may have been annoyed that they came in just after I finished cleaning, but I wasn't going to let my only friends starve.

"Fine, but you're helping me clean up." I smiled.

The group exchanged a quick glance then all charged at me, throwing me into a tight hug. The smell of lake water and body odour suffocated me as I attempted to peel them off my body, struggling as they didn't want to let go.

"Thank you so so much, Camille." Pope cried, his grip on me being stronger than anything.

"Alright, alright." I patted his head. "Now let go before your smell kills me, were y'all swimming with dead bodies or some shit?"

"Close, but not quite." Kie laughed, helping me get the sweaty boys off from around my waist.

I'm not even going to ask what she meant by that. Frankly, I don't think I want to know.

I wiped my hands down on my apron, surprised at how dirty teenage boys actually are. I made my way towards the kitchen refrigerator, knowing that Maury, the chef, always leaves leftover food for himself hidden behind the egg cartons.

"Help yourselves to some water from the bar. Alcohol is off limits!" I shouted, walking out of the cold room.

I placed the saran-wrapped plates onto the worktop, examining what meals were left.

Salmon medallions, battered cod, and fish fingers.

Maury sure likes his fish, huh.

I unwrapped each dish and reheated them all individually in the microwave. Balancing all 6 hot plates in my arms, I kicked the dining area door open and crawled over to where Kie and the boys had sat down.

"Dinner is served. Hopefully none of y'all are allergic to fish, otherwise we're gonna have to kill John B's rooster."

"You didn't have to bring out all 6 plates, there's only 4 of us."