𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

CHAPTER FIFTEEN predictably unpredictable

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
predictably unpredictable

WE STROLLED AIMLESSLY around the shopping plaza for the next few hours, gathering all the essentials I needed for my stay at the Cameron residence. We spent the hours joking, smiling, and overall enjoying ourselves- which surprised me considering whose presence I was actually in.

"Where to now?" I inquired, sitting down in the car.

"You hungry?"

"More thirsty."

"Then I know just the place." he grinned, starting the car.

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going?"

"Nope." he shook his head, making a popping sound at the end of the word.

I sat back in the car seat, the consequences of walking for hours on end catching up to my lower back. Luckily with the new job, I wouldn't have to stand around for half as much time as I had to at The Wreck, meaning I could finally cut my back some slack.

Just as I started getting comfortable, I noticed the car stop at a gas station. I raised my eyebrows, shocked that this was 'just the place' Rafe wanted to take me to.

"So we're getting gas station drinks?" I looked at the boy, clearly confused.

"Mills, do you really think that low of me? I stopped here 'cause I want you to get changed into that dress I picked out for you."

"I thought you liked me in blue." I frowned, trying to get on his nerves.

"I do. There's just a strict dress code at the place I'm taking you to, and unfortunately I don't think this polo will cut it." he took the bottom of the shirt between his fingers, lifting the material up slightly.

"Is there a dress code or do you just want me to wear the dress because you chose it?"

Rafe bit down on the corner of his lip, turning his head away from me to hide his grin. His hand rubbed his jaw before linking his eyes back on mine, a look of defeat on his face.

"Okay, fine. There still is a dress code though—"

"Knew it." I smiled, feeling a warmth grow present on my cheeks.

"Did I just make Camille Fox blush? I must be dreaming."

"Shut up."

Reaching into the backseat, I searched through the bags before I found the dress, also taking out the deodorant and hairbrush I bought in the meantime.

Remembering how unflattering the boxers I was wearing were, I grabbed a white thong from the lingerie store bag- the one and only store Rafe refused to go into with me. I hid the small material amongst the dress, not trying to give the boy an insight into the underwear I was going to wear.