𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

CHAPTER NINETEEN there's a first time for everything

CHAPTER NINETEEN
there's a first time for everything

I HEARD A faint knock sound against the wall of my room- or rather the room I was just staying in. Ever since Rafe had gone M.I.A, Ward let me move into one of the guest bedrooms. Having a bedroom to myself was peaceful, but it did get pretty lonely at times.

Apart from when Wheezie would come chill with me, which I'm guessing was now one of those times.

"Can I come in?" she knocked again, making my assumptions clear.

"'Course you can, Wheeze."

Over the short time I had been staying at Tannyhill, Wheezie seemed to be one of the only people to ever provide me company out of the whole family. Despite only knowing me for a week, I could tell she viewed me as a sister- and I viewed her as a younger version of myself.

I always wished to have a sister. However, with my parents having me unexpectedly when they were still young themselves, it was always clear that I was to be their only child.

I had a lot of admiration for Wheezie and Sarah's relationship. Even though I strongly disliked her, it was clear that she was a good older sister and that Wheezie was lucky to have her. I couldn't lie and say I wasn't jealous of their bond.

Sometimes I even found myself being jealous of Wheezie.

"Can you help me with my necklace?" she walked over to the mirror I was sitting in front of. "I can't get the back."

"Here." I shuffled away from the wall, providing enough space for the girl to sit down.

"I'm not annoying you, am I?" she asked. "Sarah's gone to Chapel Hill with John B, and Rose has already shut me down."

The news of Sarah and John B hanging out made me pause in shock. Apart from JJ and myself, John B was the next person I knew who hated Kooks as much as we did.

Especially the Camerons.

"Ward let Sarah go to Chapel Hill with the guy he fired?"

"That's the thing, he doesn't know." she smirked, excited to be gossiping with me as I was with her. "He thinks she's staying over at Scarlet's."

"Her and John B, huh." I nodded.

I wonder if the other Pogues knew about his little rendezvous.

"Right? It's so weird! I mean, one second she's with Topper. The next second, she's slumming it with the Druthers boy."

"God, I hope I'm not next." I joked, making the girl laugh.

I moved her braid over her shoulder, taking her necklace in my hands. My fingers grazed over the engraving on the locket, the gold feeling expensive to the touch. If it simply felt expensive, I couldn't imagine how much it actually costs.