𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟏

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE one last hurrah(contains smut)

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
one last hurrah
(contains smut)

FOR THE ENTIRETY of nearly a whole minute, my eyes remained set on Rafe's, analysing his dormancy in anticipation for a reaction to my words. If I was to take the easy route, I would've told him I loved him as his confession was vocalised. Clearly, my plans were steered away from that road, and I'd grasped the opportunity for him to prove his feelings the moment it appeared.

The beginning of our love was founded on tension, and what better way to mark the end than to revisit that?

His path of focus trailed along my body, eyeing me zealously while my attempts to urge out a reaction continued. I curled my fingers under the straps of my top, toying with the strip of silk and teasing him by pulling one down past my shoulder. As an immediate response to the act, Rafe cupped either side of my face and hungrily crashed our lips together, feeding into the rhythm of the kiss like he'd never tasted sin before.

I brought my hands up to his hair, angling his face downwards so he completely towered over me. Butterflies overtook my stomach in memory of the first time we gave ourselves to one another, everything feeling heightened as a result of love now being a playing factor. His hold travelled down the curves of my body, meeting the skin under my skirt and lifting me off the ground. I swiftly swung my legs around his torso, permitting him to set me down on the nearest surface.

Rafe wasted no time in discarding my underwear, making up for the moments wasted earlier with hints of desperate nature. I placed whatever attention wasn't spent on our kiss onto his belt, blinding trying to undo the buckle as his fingers brushed the inner part of my thigh. Noticing my rushed actions, he tore my hand away and stuck it back to my side, his dismission posing as a contrast to his continuing moves.

"Not yet," he broke our lips apart, "let me focus on you first."

Before I even had the chance to process what he said, Rafe knelt down and positioned his head between my thighs, parting them with one hand whilst the other hitched my skirt up. I watched breathlessly as he taunted my skin with short pecks, his eyes meeting mine at the exact moment he met my centre.

My head knocked back against the mirror behind me, overpowered by the wave of heat that swallowed my body whole. The breaths I was failing to catch made my chest rise rapidly, encouraged by my increasing heart rate that was bound to cause a flatline sometime soon. All of my senses were amplified because of how Rafe was making me feel, and to say it was good would've been a hell of an understatement.

I draped my legs over his shoulders, using any strength in me to keep me from tightening my thighs together. For a split second, I glanced back down at Rafe, his dilated pupils possessing a look of lustful hunger. Admiring the powerless state he put me in, his lips curved into a devil's grin, the sight of him smirking against my skin being one I couldn't take any longer.