𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟐

CHAPTER FORTY TWO sunsets & speeches

CHAPTER FORTY TWO
sunsets & speeches

LINE AFTER LINE, Rafe and I still struggled to reach a high that even compared to what we brought each other. With every strip of cocaine that he snorted off my thigh, I took the same dosage from my fingertip, our shared intoxication not being for the faint hearted.

Being addicts, our bodies were used to the drowning of sorrows with harmful substances, taking the responsibility to build up a tolerance over time. There was one drug I wouldn't be able to grow used to; him.

I knew that, for the rest of my days, I'd continue to fall weak under his touch as if it was the first and last time. After years of being used for what my body could provide, he was a breath of fresh air, and I quickly became dependent on him like I once was on alcohol.

Peach-flavoured liqueur tastes better coming off his lips, and coke certainly hit harder for him when taken from the surface of my skin.

My nostrils flared with the last dose of cocaine I snorted, knocking my head back with the growing euphoria I was feeling. A smile that had no true reason behind it refused to fade from my lips, the same expression being mirrored on Rafe's. Though I'd previously limited myself only to weed, coke wasn't seeming as bad of a drug as everyone made it out to be.

It was a stereotypical Kook thing, but it's not like that automatically makes it bad. Reputations precede everything, and sometimes it's best just to look past it based off your gut instinct.

"You feeling okay?" Rafe looked up from between my thighs, dusting off the last of the remaining powder.

"I feel fucking amazing." I grinned, "Why didn't I do this before?"

"'Cause you used to be roped up with Kiara. Don't know what you ever saw in that bitch." he sat on the opposite end of the boat, preparing to take us to the next place on his extensive date plan.

"Y'know, I used to have a crush on her. Thank God it never went past that."

"Wait, you like girls?" he raised an eyebrow, smirking at the newly learnt fact.

"I don't wanna put a label on it, but yeah." I replied. "Life's fun when you don't care about things like that."

"Have you, y'know?" he spoke awkwardly, struggling to find words to say without coming across the wrong way.

"Fucked a girl? God, you're like every teenage boy ever." my head shook with laughter.

"C'mon, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just curious."

"Let's just say May wasn't too keen on me having sleepovers after I brought a Touron home once." I used my indirect words to gesture towards the response, watching Rafe's eyes widen progressively with shock. "What about you?"