Truth? Dare?

Chapter 3

Maddie's POV:
I rung the Hylands bell. "Ding dong!"
I waited a minute. "I'm coming!" I heard Paige's voice coming this way.
The door opened but it wasn't Paige. It was. Josh.

"Hey Maddie!" He said with his blue set of eyes.
"Uhhh.... Hi." I barely finished. I couldn't talk at all. He looked more attractive than ever and I was speechless.

"Umm Maddie? Do you ever want to come in?" He asked softly. "Uh sorry I was... Just..." I started but he finished me up "yeah. Just staring at me because you love me right" He laughed a little bit, but I cut him off. "I was not Josh. No one even likes you!" And I immediately said "I'm so sorry! It just came out of my mouth and I didn't even mean that!" I tried but he just walked away...

I was mad at myself, but more like disappointed in my self and I let down a sigh. But of course someone had to be there. "Maddie what happened?" Paige said. "Nothing." I lied. "I know when you are disappointed Maddie." She worried about me. "It's okay" I said "don't worry about it." And then Paige grabbed my hand running up the stairs to Paige's room.

"Tell me Maddie! You need to! Is it Josh? Do you like him?" She started and I was shocked when she said Josh. "Wait what?" I lied. "You know Maddie. I think Josh likes you."she started "No, no. He likes Chloe. Remember?" I let out a big sigh again. "No Maddie. Trust me! I told him we were having a sleepover and I said Nia and Kendall and the boys will be here. And on purpose, I didn't include yours and Chloe's name. And he asked where's Maddie? So I'm pretty sure he likes you." She finally finished. "But that still doesn't mean that he likes me!" I exclaimed of sadness and madness. "Maddie believe me! And I'm sorry if you don't believe me." She said. "So let's go play truth and dare and I will ask Josh to go kiss who he likes and make this right okay Maddie?" "Thank you Paige! You are the best!" I told her.

When we both went down we saw Josh sitting in the corner. Oh shoot this is my fault I thought. But Paige was beside me. "Josh, let's go play truth and dare!" Paige said "Nah, I pass." He replied and I thought I was going to cry. "Come on Joshie Poo! It'll be so much fun!" Paige smiled giving him a hand. "Fine!" He angrily said.

"Guys! Let's play truth and dare now!" Paige yelled so everyone could hear. "Let's sit in a circle..." I suggested. "Yeah!" Paige exclaimed. In the corner of my eye, I saw Josh sitting on the other side. This'll never work! I thought but it's okay...

"Who's going first?" Chloe asked out of curiosity. "I will!" Paige exclaimed because we had a plan. "Josh, truth or dare?" "Well this'll be awkward... Tru-" Josh began but was cut by Paige "that'll mean dare." "No! Paige I said... Truth." "Fine then!" Paige exclaimed looking at me. "Who do you like? Be completely honest with me Josh." Paige stated. "Paige........" He groaned. "Hurry mr Josh. There are more people who wants to play... Remember?" Paige said. "Uh fine! I like..." And I saw him looking at Chloe. And it made me disappointed. Then he said "I like Chloe..." And Chloe jumped up and tried to go kiss him but Josh stated. "But as a friend. I love Maddie." And I jumped up and ran to him hugging him, pushing away Chloe, and whispered. "I always loved you from the beginning. And I'm so sorry about what happened at the door... Will you accept my apology?" I asked. "Of course Maddie! And I'm sorry too! I love you so so much!" He whispered into my ears. And we sat back down next to each other hugging each other.

Then I saw Chloe glare at me. She told everyone that she liked Josh. Not as a friend but as a crush, so I think she was jealous. But I was scared for the game now because if Chloe chose me, she'd do something mean.

"Next!" Paige yelled motioning Chloe to go. "Gino, truth or dare?" She asked smirking. "Umm truth?" Gino answered but half questioned it. "Uh, who would you kiss right now and why?" She started laughing because everyone knew that he likes me! "Of course I'd kiss Maddie. But now she's a 'THING' with Josh, so I can't! And why? Because... Her lips are so attractive and smooth! She's also great at kissing!" And everyone started to laugh, except Josh and I. We only stared at each other, and I was blushing of embarrassment, but I couldn't take it anymore so I ran outside.

I started to tear up. I mean, everyone knows that he likes me but him saying Josh and I'm a THING, and talking about my lips is too much! "Thanks a lot Chloe!" I whispered angrily.

"Maddie?" I heard a familiar voice that belongs to Josh. He ran up to me and hugged me. He held my chin up and kissed me. I kissed him back. But then oh yeah I almost forgot, we were still holding our kiss when Gino came. He pushed Josh into the pool next to us but we were still holding onto each other so I fell in with him. Then Gino started to laugh. "That's what you get Maddie!" "For what?!" I gave him sass. "For getting in a relationship with Josh and not me! You knew that I loved you more, you knew I actually cared about you! Josh is a player! Everyone knows that!" He snapped and ran away before Josh can reply. "Ugh Gino just had to ruin it! I love you Maddie! Please!" Josh started but I just got out of the pool and started to cry. "I'm going to go take a shower Josh, just leave me alone." I begged him. "No! Maddie! Please!" He ran after me. "No, Josh, PLEASE just leave ME alone!" I exclaimed.

When I went inside, everyone stared at me. And Chloe laughed out, "oh, where's your Josh? You already broke up? That was way too fast! That's why Josh's friend called you a slut when Steven and you were dating in 7th and 8th grade!" "No stop Chloe!" I exclaimed "it's all your fault!" And I ran to the shower room where...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note~
Updating soon!❤️