Last Bit of Summer

Chapter 9

Maddie's POV:
We were having fun until...
"Ding dong!" And Josh went to go get it. "Mom! I got it!" So then he left the kitchen, so I went back to making the pancakes again.

"Hi josh!" I heard a familiar voice... It belonged to Chloe "Uh hi?" I heard Josh's voice. "I knew you'd get the door!" Chloe said "umm why?" Josh asked confused. "Because you always do, Silly!" She exclaimed and I heard Josh's breathless voice that Chloe was probably sucking on. "Mur-ddie ! Mur-ddie!" I knew he needed help so I dashed to the door and saw Chloe forcing him to kiss. Well more like she was sucking his face. I knew it wasn't Josh's fault. "Cough cough cough Chloe!" And I pushed her away from Josh. "You know he's mine and also know that he doesn't like you!" I exclaimed "And what the hell?" Josh yelled and his mom came out. "Joshua!Language! And good morning Chloe! Are you going home now?" She asked politely "umm no. I actually left last night and then came back. And good morning Ms. Hyland!" Chloe chirped. "Oh, well what brings you here then?" Mrs. Hyland asks. "Mommmm! Enough!" Josh stated and shooed her away.

"What was that for?!" I angrily said. "Because I love him more than you Maddie!" She chirped as if she was the sweetest but most annoying girl on earth. "Stop! Maddie loves me. We are meant to be together! You are so stubborn and you obviously haven't thought of the dare Kendall told you to do!" Josh exclaimed and a small smile appeared on my face. "Yeah. I love him, Chlo... You're just jealous!" My smile turned into a frown now. "Chloe! Get out now! You are upsetting my Madison! And you wouldn't want to see my bad side!" Josh yelled and swung the door shut.

"I'm so sorry Maddie that she made you upset!" Josh said looking down. "Don't be Josh... I love you! And let's go finish up our pancake or everyone will come down for breakfast!" I exclaimed and giggled. "Yeah let's go to the kitchen!" Josh smiled and we walked hand by hand to the kitchen.

We finally finished making the breakfast for everyone and then we looked at the time, 9:42. We stared at each other and started to get closer and closer, then Josh stopped it. "I can't Maddie. At least not yet..." "It's okay. I actually can't either..." I looked at the ground.

And there was an awkward silence for about 5 seconds and then I started again. "I will set up the table so you can wake everyone up and bring them down." I told him and we smiled at each other for agreement.

I took out the silverware, cups and nine plates and set them down on the table. I put two pancakes on each plates and poured orange juice in each cups.

Everyone came downstairs quickly and I excitingly raised my voice and yelled "ta-da!" And everyone clapped and Josh came to me and hugged me. He then whispered "Maddie you're perfect" in my ear and he pecked me on my cheek.

We all sat down and started to eat. I will admit that these pancakes were actually really good and I got a lot of compliments.

"What are you guys doing today?" Paige asked curiously and Josh and I looked at each other and giggled. "Let's go to the mall all together and go to the popular ice cream place, which is called like umm oh yeah The Lemonbase!" I exclaimed and everyone agreed. The Lemonbase was the most popular place in our high school and all the populars would go there everyday after school. It is also where the seniors hang out and chat.

"Let's go to the mall now!" Kendall happily screamed after we ll finished our breakfast. She LOVED the mall and she'd always buy at least two expensive things from her trip to the mall every time. Once, she bought $579 worth things but her mom still didn't mind! Like my mom would get so mad if that was me! Anyways, we are in Nick's car right now off to the mall and Kendall is blabbing off of her next trip to the mall. She already has a shopping list! Like how crazy!

"Maddie..." Josh started and I looked at his light blue pair of eyes. "Do you want anything for the beginning of the school year dance? Like a necklace or earrings or a bracelet?" He questioned me with a slight smile. "Hmm it's okay Josh! Thanks anyways! But if you want, you can buy me something..." And I pecked him on the cheek. And his smile grew bigger.

Nick finally pulled the car to the side of the parking lot. Paige had a plan and she explained it. "Okay. So guys all has to be together and girls has be all together. Call me or text me when you need something and we will text or call Josh if we need something. And we will go to the Lemonbase after the mall. Okay so see you guys later!" And we said our see yas and left with Paige. We first went to Brandy Melville and I got a maroon shirt with stripes. Kendall got the same but in black and Paige got a tank top. Nia couldn't decide to get a crop top or a pocket tee, so she got both. We then went out of the store and walked around until we saw a dress store.

"Guys we should go! We all need a dress for the beginning of the year dance and I think it's a great ideas to shop now" I suggested and they nodded.

We went in there together and Paige found the prettiest dress quickly and it was baby pink and had flowers on it. Kendall soon after that, found a red dress that had laces on and quickly took it. Then Nia and I looked for some together and we found a purple dress that would look good for her. But I couldn't find any dress for myself that would look pretty, so I went to the corner and sat down on the chair. Next to me, was an old rack which were on sale and I flipped through it. I finally found a beautiful Aqua blue dress that had sparkles all over the chest line and I picked it up and looked at the price. It said $69 and I nodded for perfection.

"Let's go buy our dresses Maddie!" Paige yelled waving from the other side and I ran over handling my new dress delicately. We went to the cashier and I paid for my own dress.

"Who do you think will ask you to the dance, Paige?" Nia asked smiling. "Hmm I hope it's Alex!" She said excitingly "I'm sure he will ask you, Paige!" I smiled. "I hope so Maddie." She smiled. "Who do you think will ask Kendall?" I asked smiling. "Probably Gino or the Bryan guy in our grade..." Nia squealed. "Wait but I think Gino will probably beg Maddie first!" Paige said laughing. "But obviously I'm gonna say no." I said laughing. "Haha yeah! And Josh will probably ask you for sure! And I will make him if he doesn't!" Paige said smiling and it made me tingle because he asked what I wanted for the dance but I said nothing. And now I regret it.

________________________
Authors note:
Hey guys! I'm glad you all love this story!
I think I will have a sequel if I finish this story quickly but I'm not sure yet... Comment and vote for more! ❤️💕