one

Takagi Kisa was overcome with uncharacteristic anger, watching as the rowdy group from across the room made a scene like they were the only people in the world.

"Just do it Miyamura," Hori pleaded with big, tempting eyes. "One slap will make me so happy."

The dark haired boy, Miyamura, looked down at his begging girlfriend. He nervously scratched at his neck, "Hori-san you know I can't do that."

In a fit of rage, the shorter girl striked Miyamura, making both Kisa and him flinch. Kisa felt her stomach turn with unease as the friend group laughed it off.

How could they find this funny? she thought.

Miyamura smiled as if nothing had happened, but Kisa saw how he really felt. She knew those eyes when she saw them in the mirror everyday.

Ever since those two got together, it's been painful.

For Kisa, because she sees how Miyamura gets thrown around like a punching bag. It reminds her too much of... nevermind. And obviously it's been painful for the boy himself. How many times has he come to school all bandaged up?

"Hey Miyamura! Wait up," she jogged up to the boy with newly revealed pierced ears after class.

He turned around, surprised to see her. Miyamura nodded towards Hori, and motioned for her to go ahead. The girlfriend scanned Kisa before leaving, but she knew from eavesdropping on their arguments that she wasn't much of a threat as a female.

Confusingly, Hori seemed to get into arguments with Miyamura when he was around boys; she viewed them as more of a threat to her. With one sniff of Miyamura she was like a trained hound, able to track down which of his friends he'd been with. It was weird, and kind of disturbing.

"Takagi-san? Is everything alright?" Miyamura's soft voice saying her name made Kisa's heart flutter. She quickly pushed the feeling away.

His concern was understandable, since they had only spoken a few times.

"Yeah, I- I was about to ask you the same thing," she nervously laughed. His blue eyes burned into her brown ones, and she suddenly felt intimidated by his stare.

Miyamura blinked, confused. "Huh? Why wouldn't it be?"

"Oh... It's just...," she stammered, subtly eyeing the redness of his cheek. "You... got hurt."

Realization flooded onto his face and he raised his arm to his swollen cheek. "N-No it's nothing Takagi-san. I'm alright."

Kisa frowned at the uncertainty in his tone. "Are you sure. It- um- It looked like it hurt."

"No, I'm really okay. I'm honestly used to it," Miyamura tried to joke, but she picked up the underlying sadness in his words.

"I think you shouldn't be used to it," Kisa said quietly.

Am I overstepping? Maybe I have no right telling him this.

"Well, you know Hori. She- she just gets... passionate sometimes. But I can take it. I love her," Miyamura defended.

Passionate is one word for it.

He didn't look angry at her, but it looked like he was trying to convince himself of his own words.

Love shouldn't hurt, she wanted to say.

Instead she nodded. "Right. Sorry, I don't know anything," Kisa stepped back, starting to walk away from him.

Miyamura reached out, and his hand grabbed her shoulder. The soft touch left a trail of goosebumps down her arm. "Takagi, wait."

Kisa looked up at him, expectantly.

"Thank you," he smiled softly. "For caring."

_

a/n

hi!! tysm for reading

so just something i wanted to say:

no hate to hori's character at all! i love her sm! although she does have some toxic traits haha. but obviously im going to exaggerate her toxicness for the story so i just wanna make it clear that i do love her and anything mean that i write is just for the sake of the plot.

number 2: i'm new to the anime and manga world, so im not super familiar with japanese culture and things like that. like names? im still learning haha. but please do  correct me if i do anything wrong i am a dumb american :) overall im going to try but mostly ill just avoid writing things i don't know.

thank u so much im excited to write this !!