nine

Kisa quietly waited on the couch as she watched Miyamura speaking to his mother in the kitchen.

Her finger restlessly tapped on her leg while she wondered what they were saying. She asked him not to say anything about her father. Yes, she trusted him, but their hushed voices were making her anxious.

They finished up and walked over. Miyamura's mom was pretty, and Kisa couldn't help but notice the similarities between her and her son.

The way they carried themselves was the same: mellow and kind. His mother had the same warm aura that could comfort anyone in its presence. Kisa hadn't met Miyamura's father yet, but she knew Izumi was like his mom the most.

"Hi, sweetheart. Izumi told me that you need to stay for the night, but you can stay as long as you need alright?" Miyamura's mom subtly eyed the wounds on Kisa. "Why don't you clean her up, Izumi-kun? Dinner will be ready in an hour, I'll call you when it's ready."

"Thank you, Mrs. Miyamura," Kisa bowed, before she was pulled away to Izumi's room.

She sat on the bed and looked around his room while he rummaged through his stuff to find the first aid kit.

Kisa had been to house before, but never his room. That day felt so long ago. Now here she was, causing him trouble again, and breaking her own promise to herself. She promised that she wouldn't get close to him, but now she was depending on him... and even catching feelings. How could she let herself get in this deep?

Kisa shoved the guilt down and looked around his room. It was clean, but she expected that. Nothing flashy or interesting, not even a single picture, as if he was just a guest staying temporarily.

Miyamura let out a pleased sound when he finally found the kit, "It was under my books."

"I can do it," Kisa reached out for the box, but he held it out of her reach. She pouted in response.

"I want to do it," he kneeled in front of her to face the scrapes on her legs.

She smiled at his focused face as he gently cleaned the cut. His touch was light as always, like she was a doll. "I see, you like playing doctor."

Miyamura hummed, concentrated. He didn't seem to be in the joking mood. On each knee he placed a bandage, making Kisa shiver when his fingers lightly graced her skin.

It was like her own body was betraying her when she felt herself leaning into his touch.

He sat down on the bed beside her, to move on to her elbows. "Deja vu," he said quietly, more to himself than to Kisa.

No other words were spoken between them until Miyamura finished, and an odd tension filled the small room.

"Thanks," Kisa whispered. She had a feeling he was upset, not necessarily at her, but he was thinking deeply about something.

"Mhmm," he replied, distractedly putting everything away. Kisa played with her hands nervously. She had never been alone with him like this, and she wasn't ready for the impending conversation they were bound to have.

"Izumi..." she said, but he didn't look up from what he was doing. "Is everything okay? You're not... mad, are you?"

Miyamura finally met her gaze, and her throat closed up when she took in the intensity of his blue eyes. She couldn't understand what he was feeling, and it scared her.