four

"Another fight Kisa? God, did you at least win?" Minako examined the beat up face that was starting to become a normal sight.

This morning Kisa tried her best to cover it up with concealer, but it was no use. The bruise on her eye was turning into a ruthless dark purple and it was far beyond saving with cheap drugstore makeup.

"I did," she lied, putting on a painful smile.

"That's good. I really wanna watch you box sometime, it seems like you're really passionate about it. I would so cheer you on at matches," Minako said. Kisa shot her a smile, but a genuine one this time.

She hate lying to Minako. But this was something she was better off not knowing about.

"I don't know, maybe," Kisa dismissed as usual.

Walking into class, she spotted Miyamura with his group. He looked more closed off than normal, for some reason. His icy blue eyes met hers, making her immediately looked away.

Kisa still felt his stare burning into her as she went to her seat and Minako nudged her side. "Miyamura-kun is looking at you."

"No he's not," she whispered back. She looked back his way again, feeling her cheeks warm when they held gazes.

He lifted up his hand to wave, offering a small smile. Kisa waved back, then turned to Minako who had her mouth hanging open in shock.

"What was that?" she gasped.

Kisa rolled her eyes. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, since when are you all friendsies with Miyamura-kun?" she stared at the girl in front of her suspiciously.

Last night, Miyamura walked Kisa home.

It was late; just the moon, the eerie streetlights, and both of them. Usually Kisa would have felt on edge walking so late, but she felt relaxed with him there beside him.

The two were laughing about something, Kisa doesn't really remember what. Probably Yasuda-sensei's perverted antics. But she felt happy just being with Miyamura and she almost forgot what happened that day, until they reached her house.

"Hey, I wanted to say thanks for... all this. Cleaning me up and letting me come to your house," she said.

"Anytime Takagi. I mean it... If you ever find yourself hurt again after, you know, boxing... I'm here to help."

Even though his words were the most comfort she's had in forever, Kisa knew she couldn't run to Miyamura the next time she got hurt. It was too hard to read him; she couldn't tell if he saw through her lies or not. No one could know, not even the sweet boy from her class.

Seeing him more was a risk, she knew that much. Miyamura was the type of person who was safe. He was someone Kisa could easily let herself trust, but that was the problem in itself. Getting too close meant she might slip up and he'd know everything. She can't afford that.

"Thank you Miyamura, really. You're... a great guy. But I think I've bothered you enough." Kisa stepped onto her front porch and waved back at him. "See you at school."

Luckily, her father was unconscious on the couch when she got inside. Carefully tiptoeing around him, Kisa finally reached the safe walls of her room.

If she got up early tomorrow, she would be able to avoid him. It was usually like that. She would sneak in late at night, just to leave at the crack of dawn, and that's how it would be for a week until he eventually forgot about everything. Then, the cycle would start again.

Alone in her room, Kisa pushed those brooding thoughts away, letting a grin take over her face with new thoughts of a certain boy.

a/n: hi! how are you :) please feel free to leave a vote or a comment i would really really appreciate it!!!

also i wanted to say that im not really going to include any of the other side characters in the story, they're probably only going to be mentioned.