ten

"Here's some clothes, I think my mom's will fit just fine. Also a towel and a toothbrush. The bathroom is just down the hall," Miyamura handed Kisa the pile of things. "If you need anything else, just ask."

She smiled gratefully. "Thank you."

The concept of Miyamura caring for her was something Kisa couldn't fully grasp. A month ago, he was a mere acquaintance; a boy in her class she watched from time to time. Now, she couldn't even imagine her life without him.

She wished things could've stayed how they were. Simple walks home and chai tea lattes. Waves in the hallway, then laughing about dumb stuff after school. That was enough to make Kisa happy.

But everything has taken a turn, and her stomach churned just thinking about the complications of Miyamura knowing about her father. There was no longer such thing as simple.

After washing up and returning to the room, she saw Miyamura was already changed into his pajamas. Kisa stood in the doorway dazedly; something about seeing him like that was so... intimate.

She watched him fixing up the bed, him completely unaware of her presence. The arm tattoo she had only seen a few times, peeked out of his sleeve, making the boy look more rugged.

His shirt was white, and Kisa was able to see more swirls of ink trailing down his side, as well as his back. I didn't know he had more tattoos. Her curiosity grew. There were so many things she still didn't know about him.

When Miyamura turned around, he gasped and clutched his heart. "God, Kisa, you scared me."

"Sorry," she blushed, embarrassed that she had been caught staring.

He chuckled and smoothed out the sheets. "It's okay. I was just getting the bed ready for you."

An even deeper scarlet invaded Kisa's cheeks. She slightly turned away from him, hoping that he didn't notice her all flustered. "W-Where will you sleep?"

"I'm gonna take the couch,"Miyamura smiled. She cursed at herself for the deflating hope in her chest. Of course he wasn't going to sleep with you, dumbass.

Kisa shook her head in protest, "I'll take the couch, Izumi."

"Nope," he popped the 'p'.

"I want to."

"Well you can't. Because I'm taking it. Right now," he grinned mischievously. In a split second, he was running like a giggling little kid out of the room.

"Hey!" Kisa called after him, then ran into the living room where he disappeared into.

When she got there, Miyamura was spread out on the couch, smugly smiling.

"That wasn't fair at all," Kisa crossed her arms and jokingly glared at him. He shrugged. "I really do want to sleep on the couch, Izumi. I've already caused you so much trouble, I don't mind."

Miyamura sighed, his previous playful mood dissipating. "You haven't caused me any trouble, stop saying that. And you're our guest, so you'll sleep in the bed. Plus, I always sleep here anyway."

"Fine," Kisa huffed in defeat.

She watched as Miyamura sat up and scooted to one side of the couch. "Come sit."

Kisa shot him a weird look.

"It's only 9, are you tired? I thought we could just watch TV,"he patted the spot next to him.

She sat, far enough that she wasn't touching him, but close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body. The proximity was enough to make her heartbeat speed up involuntarily, and she scooted further away.