Six Days Can Mean So Much

The next day, Seri helped him sort through all the messages from the agents, sponsors and potential partners. She also noted whether they had sent gifts; they would thank them for the gift, regardless of the decision he took

"I think the first thing you should do is decide on an agent. Then they can help you negotiate deals with anyone else."

"That seems sensible. I've got several here, so I'll have to find out more about them."

"I can set someone in my office aside to do some due diligence for you," she offered. "And I think it would be worth a chat with Sang-u, too."

"That's not a bad idea. He might have some insider knowledge about them."

"Most of all though, chose someone who will be a good fit."

"Yes," he nodded. "That's really important to me. I don't want them to just chase the money. And if we are to use my music to support the Foundation then he or she will need to be on board with that."

She looked thoughtfully at him. "I know you're a bit uncomfortable with the idea of advertising and sponsorship, but don't just dismiss the idea. Things like that can help to build your profile. And it will generate income for the Foundation."

He sighed. "I guess you're right."

"Pick things that fit with the image you want to project or you genuinely support. Then it will be a bit easier."

"I suppose so." He still felt unenthusiastic.

She smiled and slid her arms around his waist. "You do realise that you are now a brand ambassador for Seri's Choice, whether you like it or not!"

"Ha!" He couldn't help laughing at that.

In the end, it proved to be relatively easy to choose an agent. Sang-u helped him rule out a couple who didn't have good reputations with other artists in the industry. One withdrew, as soon as Jeong-hyeok made it clear that he was prepared to turn down a lucrative contract for a company that Seri considered to be a business rival. Seri's team also advised against another that was involved in a messy legal dispute. He and Seri met three and one stood out straight away. Park Hyun-ki hadn't tried to woo him with expensive presents, and he had worked with other artists with charitable goals before. He seemed far more attuned to Jeong-hyeok's plans than the others.

                              *****************************************

By early summer the pace of their lives had increased considerably. Seri was as busy as ever and now Jeong-hyeok too found that his schedule was getting more and more demanding. They did their best to find precious time for each other though. They planned to go away for a week, as they had both been working very hard. It felt like the right time to get away, rest and spend time together. They toyed with the idea of going abroad, but he still felt a little wary of Kang. The incident with the CCTV footage had reminded him that Kang was still an enemy. For now, it seemed sensible not to do that, after all, it was almost the anniversary of their marriage and his defection. Instead, they decided to stay at a luxury lodge on the edge of a lake in a national park.