New Life and New Mysteries

In the weeks following the interview, Jeong-hyeok and Seri were relieved to see that the story about the Swiss account did seem to die down. In fact, there seemed to be a lot of sympathy towards them, since it reminded people of what they had had to go through to be together. Success and a luxury lifestyle hadn't been achieved without a price. There was also a new aspect to the praise Jeong-hyeok received. He was now held up as an exemplar for a modern relationship by supporting his wife's success as much as his own. He would have been very content to never be in the public eye again; but he consoled himself that the public support did lead to increased donations for the Swallow Foundation, which was going from strength to strength.

For now, his primary concern was supporting Seri through her final exhausting weeks of pregnancy and getting ready for the birth. He had kept his schedule free so he wouldn't have any distractions in this time, and for the weeks after the birth too. He wanted to be as involved in the care of the twins as he could be.

As it got closer to her due date, Seri was nervous of what giving birth would be like, but in the end she took it all in her stride. Watching her in labour, he was humbled by her capacity to cope and loved her for what she was doing. As each of the twins were born, the babies were wrapped in soft cloth to keep them warm and passed to him to hold for the first time. The impact of holding the newborns, his daughters, was overwhelming. They were so tiny, so vulnerable, but most of all they were his and Seri's. Together, they had created these new lives. He found tears running down his face, loving them immediately, and knowing he would do all he could to be there for them. He looked across at Seri and saw her watching him with both love and pride, despite her exhaustion. She had brought him so much, made his life so rich, he didn't think he could ever possibly express his gratitude to her.

Their non-identical twin girls, Ka-youn and Yeji, were the first grand-children for Yoon Jeong-pyeong and Han Jeong-yeon and they were both delighted. For Kim Yoon-he, seeing her beloved son become a father and holding her grandchildren in her arms was the most marvellous thing. It more than made up for the stress and worry that fleeing her home had meant.

As with all new parents, it took them time to feel confident in what they were doing and to adapt to the new demands and routines. And they found that they needed to keep changing too. No sooner had they got used to one routine, then the twins seemed to need something different. The twins were beautiful, but demanding, and they loved them dearly. They were fortunate in engaging an excellent nanny, Lim Sun-Hee, and that helped them enormously to manage the twins' care.

 They were fortunate in engaging an excellent nanny, Lim Sun-Hee, and that helped them enormously to manage the twins' care

(Credit for this beautiful artwork goes to PRNforhappiness              Thank you so much for letting me share it!)

They were still at the apartment, but their house was now completed. It simply needed the final decorations and furniture. They had gathered some ideas, and engaged a designer to help them, but finding the time to juggle those decisions alongside caring for the twins wasn't easy. Life was busy, demanding, satisfying and wonderful, all at the same time.