CH-01| Wedding Bells

~~~~

AUTHORS P.O.V

Amelia looked at herself in the mirror dressed up as a fragile beautiful doll. 

She was having second thoughts about agreeing to this marriage but she couldn't run away now. 

She had promised her parents she would do this wedding, even if it meant not having her happy ending...

She heard a knock on the door and turned her head to find her father standing with his eyes reflecting love, happiness, and guilt?

"You look like a princess," He said with a tight smile.

"You've become such a big girl, but for me, you will always remain my little angel," James, her father completed pressing a kiss on her forehead with tears in his eyes.

"I will miss you," Amelia said in a low voice and he smiled.

"Let's go, it's time," James said offering her his arm.

They both walked down the aisle with 'A thousand years' playing in the background. Mia always wanted it for her wedding, but even though the wedding wasn't real and wasn't with the person she loved, at least she could have her favourite wedding song played. 

Mia was indeed very nervous, she didn't dare to look in front at her future husband, all this while her head was hanging low. 

She was so nervous that she kept playing with her finger and digging her hands with her nails.

She could feel all three of her best friends, Olivia, Jessica and Sasha, standing on the left of the alter with bouquets in their hands, drilling holes into her skull through their eyes, making her realize how huge of a mistake she was going to make. They had told her not to agree to something that stupid, but she did, for her parents happiness. They were friends since high school.

Jessica had blonde hair with bangs and crystal blue eyes, she was wearing a dark blue gown, her favourite colour, with matching heels.

Olivia was an introvert with chocolate brown, wavy long hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a cold shoulder dark blue long gown, the same shade as Jessica's, that matched her personality. 

Sasha had dark brown, long hair and cocoa brown eyes. She was wearing a dark blue V-neck gown with white bellies. She was the girl who would be late for her own wedding.

Amelia's father stopped, bringing Amelia back to her senses. She looked up to meet with a pair of  chocolate brown eyes.

Her future husband was standing at the altar in front of her, in a black tuxedo with his hair combed back.

He was indeed intimidating and very charming! Mia didn't know how to feel about this. 

"Take care of her," Her dad spoke as he gave his daughter's hand in Shawn's.

"I will," Shawn gave a curt nod to her father with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Shawn was having mixed emotions, he was angry, confused, and what not. 

He was not really happy with the wedding, he did not want to marry anyone.

 He was really annoyed by the idea that his dad forced him into it.

 But after all he was the one who agreed, it was his mother's last wish that he got married and settled down. 

But when he saw Amelia walking down the aisle with her father, he couldn't take his eyes off her. She was looking like a beautiful angel in a white wedding gown. Shawn couldn't help but agree that she was pretty, not the usual kind pretty, the pretty which has innocence in it.