CH-04| The Accidental Dinner Embarrassment

AMELIA

(BEFORE THE AFTERAPRTY)

I woke up early today. If Jess was here and she knew that I woke up so early without any alarms, she'd be the happiest person. I usually wake up around eleven o'clock with the help of my pretty alarm or my mother's yelling and sometimes on the weekend even till 2pm.........my record is 3:45 pm...but since I'm married, I think I have to get rid of that habit.

So, to complete my wish of telling Jess about the miracle that just happened today and how after her yelling at me since we were kids to wake up early I'm finally doing it, I quickly grabbed my phone from the nightstand beside my bed and walked down the stairs to the dining area.

Honestly, the whole house was so huge that I couldn't even remember where the dining area was, it took me almost ten minutes to finally find it.

Phew... 

Switching on my phone, I changed my mind to text Jess and thought of texting in our group itself.

I scrolled down my phone trying to find the group but the strange thing was, I couldn't find it. 

An unusual name caught my eye. 'AMELIA HAS BECOME A FREAKING PARKER' was the title of the group.

My friends are best at teasing me, ignoring Olivia and roasting Jessica. And this definitely was my dear friends trying to tease me.

'Trying'? A voice at the back of my head whispered.

Okay, I take it back. And this was definitely them teasing me and being successful in it.

My cheeks faintly turned red at the title. I am a Parker now.

I clicked on the title and as soon as I did it, a bunch of messages immediately bombarded my screen.

Group name: AMELIA HAS BECOME A FREAKING PARKER

JESSICA: I bet she's blushing now!

SASHA: Stop stating the obvious. She is the queen of blushing.

OLIVIA: Listen up guys, if Mia doesn't talk to you after this, I will tell her this wasn't my idea.

SASHA: I'll be glad if she doesn't talk.

JESSICA: But this was your idea.

OLIVIA: Was it? Sasha, did I change the title?

SASHA: No comments.

AMELIA: OLIVIA, SASHA, AND MY DEAREST JESSICA BE ALERT...I AM PLANNING YOUR MURDER.

OLIVIA: As if.

SASHA: Enjoy, will meet u back in a sec when u start talking to us.

JESSICA: Maybe she can. After all, she's a married woman now.

AMELIA :😑

I threw my phone across the table and face palmed myself. Did I make a mistake marrying Shawn?

Maybe maybe not, I didn't exactly know.

****

The night came in a flash and soon it was time for the afterparty. 

I was sitting on the couch waiting for Shawn to come back from work. 

From what I've observed, he was a workaholic.

The doorbell rang and I instantaneously ran and opened the door only to greet a devil with horns grown on either sides of his head.

"We are late," He spoke and pushed me aside to get inside. "Oh, no shit sherlock," I snapped and instantly regretted it.