CH-02| The After-Party

AMELIA PARKER

I and Shawn were now on our way to his penthouse.

In about 20 minutes, we reached. The driver got out and peeking through the window I saw a very tall building. The driver opened the door for me and said "Your luggage has already been kept in your room, Mrs Parker."

Mrs Parker.....sounds weird, I am no longer Miss. Amelia Clark, instead I am Mrs Amelia Parker.

Thanking him, I stepped out, the driver then went to the other side and opened the door for Shawn who got out of the car and started walking towards the building without even glancing at me, not even once.

Of course, why would he? It's not like he would hold your hands, pick you up in bridal style and take you inside right? my conscience barked.

Rolling my eyes, I followed him inside and we both entered a lift. He clicked the top floor button.

I tried to have a sneak peek at him, his hair messed up as if he'd been running his hands through them all day, his jaw as always tightened, hi-

"Stop staring at me. " He snapped.

Caught!

"I-I wasn't st-taring" I mumbled.

"Of course." He replied smirking.

You're such a pathetic liar, you should take classes from Jessica, her lies are more believable than her truth.

The lift opened with a ding and we came in front of two large doors. Shawn opened the lock using some passwords...I think?

All the while I waited calmly while he opened the door and trailed behind him. They entered the apartment only for me to halt on my steps in shock and a loud gasp escaped my mouth looking at the view in front of my eyes.

WHOA!

Holy freaking Chris Evans!

My eyes were wide open as saucers and my jaw almost touching the ground.

The penthouse was.....it was so....oh god, I have no words. It was beautiful and it screamed money...money...money.

I stood there fixed to the ground gawking at the house but the sound of footsteps broke my trance and I immediately started walking behind Shawn.......but me being me, clumsy as always, I tripped over nothing...just the plain floor.

And I was ready to kiss the ground but a hand clasped my waist in time and held me in place.

"How can you be soo clumsy and blind that you trip over absolutely nothing?" Shawn's voice was full of annoyance. His eyebrows were drawn together and a scowl was on his face. My hazel eyes bored into his dark brown ones. He suddenly seemed to realize that he was still holding my waist and abruptly backed away as if my body was burning him.

I too stepped away, tucking my strand of hair behind my ear.

He looks soo damn hot even from close.

God! Mia.

"That's your room." His cold, sharp voice cut the tension in the room, awkward silence around us. I shivered at the coldness of his voice and looked in the direction of the room.

Without any single word. He marched off in the opposite direction towards a room which I guess was his room and slammed the door shut with a loud bam and I flinched at the sound. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I entered the room that was given to me.

I was not surprised by the view of the room, the room like any other part of the house was elegantly beautiful. A king-sized bed was placed in the middle and on the other side were two doors, one for the bathroom and one for the walk-in closet.