CH-03| Silence is Gold, Duct Tape is Silver

Sasha is addicted to this song in real life........

SASHA

Boring.

The definition of my life.

Bored.

is what I am right now.

Look, I get the whole point of living life while you are young and all, but what do you do when you are bored, at your best friend's party?

Jess just got yellow-painted by Evan, Oli is nowhere to be seen, Mia and Shawn are busy talking to people.

So I am alone, though people aren't leaving me alone, some people who I met only once are talking to me as if they're my best friends.

Oh, how I wish to insult them.

My phone rings and I answer it without looking at the ID.

"Hello," I say boredly

"Hello, Sasha?" the stoic voice of my boss aka the DA (district attorney)

"Sir!!" my posture straightens in realization.

"You need to come by the office ASAP"

***

I quickly rush through the lift, I was in the dress from the party, cause the boss said 'ASAP'

As I walk out I see Zach standing there, leaning against the wall in front of our boss's cabin, he was in a black button-up, and blue denim, sleeves folded till his elbows and his hair was a mess. The same as the party.

I groan in annoyance and stand by the other wall opposite to him.

"what are you doing here?" I ask

Zach smirks "Oh hello to you too, how's my life? well, Life is great you should get one"

I scowl at him "Me pretending to listen should be enough for you." I smirk as I see his almond brown eyes spark with annoyance and fury.

"Did you know? Zombies eat brains. You're safe." he winks at me.

I was about to come up with a better insult when Mr. Gamble, aka our boss and the DA of our district decided to invite us in.

"Okay, you must be wondering why you both are here, well, Zach and Sasha, you will be working on a high profile case together"

Wait.

One.

Second.

"No, no, no, no," I say while walking around "Sir, I can't, cannot work with him," I say while pointing at Zach.

"Oh Lisbon, I am not desperate to work with you either," Zach says while glaring at me.

Mr. Gamble looks at us with amusement "Trust me, you guys want this case, it might level up your career" we both shut up at that.

My career was important to me.

If it improves my career, I am ready to work with a stuck-up asshole too.

"what's the case about?" Zach asks

"hit and run" Sir says

"and how is it high profile?" I ask

"It's the Hills family," he says while flipping through the file.

"wait, what?" I ask

Hills, no it can't be.........

"yeah, the CEO and founder of EMH, " Mr. Gamble says.

My eyes fill with tears, I push them back and clear my throat "Christopher Hills and Samantha Hills?" I ask, my voice cracked at the end