Chapter 2: Mindless and unhappy

The morning sun was a bit dazzling, and the young man under the tree frowned and put aside the branches that were pressing on his head, but after pushing several times, he found that the branches would still bounce on his forehead, and simply stretched out his hand to snap it off.

Lu Man looked at the tall young man in front of him, with white clean skin and slightly pursed mouth. A ray of sunlight shone on his face, and the young man squinted his eyes. Lu Man squeezed her school uniform pants nervously. She smiled and touched the bunny-tail braid on top of her head: "You said that you like girls with ponytails, you see I also have ponytails now."

She probably felt embarrassed that she did not have a braid as long as his pinky finger.

Fu Zhi an's thoughts have long been empty, and he can't count how many times Lu Man has confessed to him. There are many girls who have confessed to him, and those who can't hold their faces will write love letters or small notes. As long as he doesn't reply, there will be no follow-up. If they confessed in person, as long as he thought of any reason, he could easily refuse.

Except this person in front of him.

Fu Zhi an looked back at the girl standing in front of him with her head down. When she confessed to himself for the first time, Fu Zhi an didn't take it too seriously, and casually said that he wanted to study hard and didn't want to fall in love. But after that, Lu Man appeared in each study room, sat back in his line of sight, stared at him motionlessly, and the person that is being watched had goose bumps.

After Lu Man confessed to his face again, he did not want to continue wasting time, and directly said that Lu Man was not the type he liked. After that, Lu Man washed her face with tears every day. During class, she looked at him sadly while wiping tears with a tissue. Even the head teacher found something was wrong and talked to him suspiciously after class.

Last time, looking at Lu Man's short hair, Fu Zhi an seriously said to her: I like girls with ponytails. He thought it would take a few months for her hair to grow, but who knew that before a month had passed, she came to find himself with her hair tied up.

There was a trace of respect in Fu Zhi an's heart. The Monkey King who popped out of the crevices of the stone once wanted to give up learning from the West, but Lu Man's spirit of not giving up and being very persistent is really rare now.

"Strictly speaking, that can't be regarded as a ponytail." Fu Zhi an said blankly.

Lu Man slowly raised her head and smiled at him: "Someday it will grow into a ponytail."

Fu Zhi an twitched at the corner of his mouth, and he kicked the gravel on the ground a little irritably. He couldn't refute Lu Man's words, and Fu Zhi an raised his head and sighed. Suddenly he caught a glimpse of an "unidentified object" under the tree not far away.

"Excuse me." Fu Zhi an's originally dumb eyes suddenly lit up. He looked at Lu Man a little sorry, and paused for a long time before speaking again: "I haven't told the truth before."

"In fact, I have someone I like now."

Lu Man was taken aback, her smile froze on her face. She and Fu Zhi an have been in the same class for almost a year, even if they haven't spoken to him, but they know him very well. Fu Zhi an only likes to study. He takes serious notes every day in class and never loses his mind. The reason why she mustered up the courage to confess to Fu Zhi an is also very simple, just because her friend said: He even rejected the school flower[1], even if you are rejected, there's nothing to be afraid of.