Chapter 5: You are ugly

this chap is dedicated to Jaime who messaged me on fb <3

***

The cheers in the gym are getting smaller and smaller. The girls sitting in the stands used to laugh like a flower, but now they are all silent. This basketball game became more and more strange. Fu Zhi an, who had just hit the court and made several three-pointers, never scored a single goal in the midfield. The people who were marking him changed round after round, and finally, standing in front of Fu Zhi an was Li Zhiyi, who was almost half a head taller than him.

The ball was passed to Fu Zhi an, and Li Zhiyi stood firmly in front of him. The height difference gave him a rare sense of oppression. Fu Zhi an was dribbling the ball, when suddenly he dodged to Li Zhiyi's side, and made a jump shot. But Li Zhiyi did not stop him, but directly rammed Fu Zhi an, who had not yet landed, with his body.

Fu Zhi an fell to the ground with a muffled sound, the huge pain in his shoulders and knees made him dizzy, and he lay on the floor on his side, panting uncontrollably.

Li Zhiyi was sent off with a red card, and he grinned at Fu Zhi an: "I'm sorry buddy, I'll be more careful next time."

Wang Xiao looked at Fu Zhi an with a pale face on the ground, and suddenly became angry. He took a few steps forward and held down Li Zhiyi, who was almost a head taller than him. The fat face that made people look unhappy in the past was now a bit manly.

"You did this on purpose, Li Zhiyi?" Wang Xiao is not easy to mess with. He used to do a lot of bad things in the class, but now everyone is bullying him, not just to pay for Fu Zhi an, but it's also for his own face. Li Zhiyi raised his arm and shook off Wang Xiao's hand. He looked at Wang Xiao's fat face with disdain: "Do you care if I did it on purpose? Wherever it's cool, I can stay there."

A handful of Li Zhiyi, Li Zhiyi just stepped back a few steps, like tickling an elephant. Although Wang Xiao is strong, compared to Li Zhiyi, who is stronger and taller than him, he is at best a puffy player.

Before he could speak, a burning pain appeared on his face. Li Zhiyi grabbed Wang Xiao's collar with one hand, and patted Wang Xiao's cheek with the other hand: "Just stay in the third shift, don't come out to preside over justice."

Lin Chuan squatted next to Fu Zhi an holding the ball, Seeing that the boy's forehead was covered in thin sweat, he said anxiously: "First send him to the infirmary..."

"Wait a minute, the game isn't over yet." Li Zhiyi let go of the sluggish Wang Xiao, gave Fu Zhi an a condescending look, and said with a sneer, "He won't die in a while."

***

Chi Yu with a dark face was standing at the school gate. As soon as he got to the gate of the house, he found that he had left his bag in the gymnasium, and the thought of seeing Fu Zhi an's nasty face again made him angry. The students who were supposed to study by themselves in the class were all staying on the playground at the moment. Almost all the school teachers went to the Municipal Education Bureau for meetings. Without the restraint of the teachers, the students were like crazy.

After skipping a few couples hugging each other in the woods, Chi Yu walked slowly to the gym, only to find that there were people gathered in front of the door.

"Why do the third and seventh classes lock their doors?" A boy pushed the closed gym door impatiently.

"Who knows, Li Zhiyi always do dirty tricks when he plays basketball, and now he has lock the door."

"Fuck, my friend sent a text message inside saying that the fight started!" The boy frowned and stared at the phone, and pressed a few times on the keyboard to continue and said: "It is said that Li Zhiyi made another ruthless attack, turning Fu Zhi an's face pale..."