D-D-Date!? (Revised)

Ayanokouji POV~

I am currently leaning on a glass pane waiting in front of a popular clothing outlet at Keyaki Mall. There were many people inside the store whom mostly were girls.

Some of them were watching me curious at why I'm here. They had eyes like the ones you would give an object or animal that was something like an irregularity. This was probably the observer effect.

The term observer effect generally refers to the possibility that an act of observation may affect the properties of what is observed. However, depending on the context and the mechanisms involved, it may indicate effects of a very different nature.

Some scientists think we already understand what consciousness is, or that it is a mere illusion. But many others feel we have not grasped where consciousness comes from at all.

Just when I was lost in my thoughts a figure that of a girl's came out of the changing room. She had red hair with twin-tails, and a very attractive physique. 

The girl was wearing a jet black strapless blouse that complemented her chest very well, a pink skirt with a beautifully tied ribbon at the front, which was only hovering over her white knees by a small amount. 

She looked at me and asked.

Ichika: Well senpai~ how is it~? Am I cute~?

When she got out of the changing room a lot of the customers and employees were watching us, they were most likely admiring her beauty or, waiting for my answer. I'd say more than half of them were looking forward to hearing my answer. 

Good thing I read an article about dates and complimenting a girl on the internet before this. 

Apparently, compliments are a double-edged sword. Use them effectively and you'll slice through meaningless chatter to create deeper connections. Use them poorly and you'll chop yourself down into a chump stump. Nobody wants that.

I read through the article in 5 minutes but the things I remember the most were.

The 4 guidelines to remember:

Be succinct. Don't ramble on about the compliment. Lay it out and then be done with it. Less is more and throwing a casual yet insightful compliment will hit hardest.

Don't exaggerate. Is she really the most beautiful girl you've ever seen? Probably not. When you bullshit, it only makes you seem dishonest and that you're trying hard to impress her. Your compliments should be believable because they are real.

Get as specific as possible. "You're beautiful." is generic. While it can work, it's not usually the best option. Listen well, be observant of her, and get creative. Tailor your compliments to her and say something she's likely never heard. Avoid any of the cheesy pre-written lines unless you want to look like a tool. The only exception is when you're being playfully sarcastic and obvious.

Use them sparingly. One, maybe two compliments max in a given interaction (first meet / date) is plenty. Throw them out too much and it feels desperate and each one loses impact. There are also situations where you won't give out any at all.

I just have to follow all of these simple steps and any woman would apparently be head over heals for the one who complimented them, but I have a feeling that it won't work on this particular girl. I don't have a choice though

Kiyotaka: I think it looks wonderful on you. The strapless jet black blouse complements your white skin beautifully, as for the pink skirt it goes very well with your blouse in terms of color combination and it contrasts your hair color and hair style which makes you cuter overall. You have a very good fashion sense Amasawa.