#9

"loved you at your worst, but that didn't matter"

-🐼-

this is also a flashback chapter, during the first year they dated. which is during their university days!

"hey yoshi , have you seen jihoon? he ask us to meet at the basketball court but i have been waiting for hours and he didn't show up." jina was actually going to call hyunsuk but yoshi was there at the moment so she decided to just talk to him.

"ah hey jina, jihoon also haven't been answering my phone call for a few days already. i'm worried sick and hyunsuk said his apartment was locked and the password have been changed."

jina frowned. so jihoon have also been ignoring his friends. it have been 5 month since they dated but for the past week jihoon have been ignoring her. no text messages and no calls. he also skipped his classes and didn't even answer his phone but seeing that he did the same to his friends, there must be something going on.

she nodded and thanked yoshi. she's confident that jihoon is at his apartment. he have text jina last night, telling her he wanted to meet and talked. but he didn't showed up. jina took a cab and arrived at jihoon's appartment.

she have been here countless of times. she rode the lift and hope jihoon is doing fine. she arrived at the door at knocked softly. no answers, and she tried unlocking the door. the password she put in was incorrect.

she try putting jihoon birthdate, and it's wrong. she put hers next and it's also wrong. then she put the date they officially dated and the door clicked open. she smile to herself.

"hoonieeee, are you home?" what she met first are clothes, all around his apartment. there were food everywhere and some alcohol. his apartment was a mess. she went and open jihoon bedroom door. he was sleeping soundly with tear stained on his face.

jina smiled sadly. she decided to let him sleep and clean his apartment . all of his clothes are washed and all the food, good or bad are thrown away. she also opened his curtain to let some sun come in. as she was cleaning the dishes, she heard the bedroom door opened. jihoon stand there with a confused expression on his face.

"love, what are you doing here?". jina stopped and wash her hands. "you told me you want to meet hoonie. i waited for hours but you didn't come so i come here instead".

jihoon rubbed his eyes and crouch down. he's crying , again.

"im very sorry love, i didn't deserve you. i wanted to meet so we can end this relationship."

jina was stumped at the sink. she's confused. "but why?" she asked slowly.

"just look at you and look at me. i didn't deserve you, you're such a sweetheart. all i knew is to drink away all my problem. i'm a coward jina, you should be with another person. you're so great and i'm so lucky to have you but i want the best for you. father called last week and said that i have to give up on my dreams. he knew i wanted to take engineering so bad but he said he wanted me to take over his company . i don't mind that, just let me finished my study first!"

he's full on sobbing now and jina hugged him. she pat his back softly trying to comfort him . he knew jihoon relationship with his father isn't the best. after his mom death, his father kept on pressuring him, asking him to follow his lead.

"hey, here, look at me. you're amazing hoonie, you're super strong. who said you're a coward. let me know, let me punch them in the face! hoonie, the day you ask me to be your girlfriend, i promise to be with you during your ups and downs right? that's why i'm here. it's okay baby to cry, i knew things will get sorted out later.  let me try talking to him okay? " she wiped jihoon tears away. it hurt her seeing him so heartbroken like that.

jihoon nodded at her words. jina actually managed to successfully coax his father to let him finish studying first . jihoon didn't know how jina can persuade his father but he's thankful for her. he study really hard and passed his final exams with flying colours .

-🐼-

jina woke up from her dream . it was a beautiful memory for her. she didn't know why but this past day all her dream was full of jihoon . her heart must have been missing him. she stand up, not sleepy enough to sleep again and went outside. she turned on the tv and put it on the lowest volume. aera is asleep and she didn't want her to wake up.

she turned on her phone. there were bunch of messages from jeongwoo and yedam. mashiho also started to ask about her day and she's thankful for that. the most shocking thing is that asahi , jihoon most introverted friends, have been texting her too.

she knew him and he knew her but they rarely talk since asahi's super quiet or she thought. he's actually funny and love asking her about her days. he's also jihoon's co-worker now so asahi kept on telling her about jihoon's activity. well he spent his day most with yeji, since she's his personal assistant now.

ping *

a message come in. it was asahi, speak of the devil lol. he texted her, asking to meet up tomorrow, saying there's something he wanted to talk about. jina agree, (i mean who wouldn't lol sorry) and fall asleep on the couch. with the tv still on.

hahsjahaushsus this is so much longer lol, i'm sorry!!!! i hope it's not too long though! love you all, don't forget to tell me your thoughts and vote! i wuv youuuu, byeeeee - fea!