Chapter Five

Parker couldn't move as she watched Barbie glare at her.

She knew that the girl wasn't glaring at her, but it felt like she was.

"Mary, you have to stop this." Barbie growled.

"Nah." Parker felt her mouth form the words. "You don't scare me."

Barbie smirked and the lighting began to flicker, shadows of  two giant wings apppearing on the wall behind her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Analise rolled her eyes as Ben stumbled beside her as they ran down the hallway, nearly falling to the floor. "Seriously, dude?"

"Phantom pains, Analise. They are not fun." Ben groaned.

"Oh stop being a baby." Analise snapped.

"It feels like someone threw my non existent leg through a paper shredder."

"If you don't get over it and keep running I will wheel you out of here in a hospital bed."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chloe felt Jesse's hand clench when they saw Ben and Dr. Van Horn running down the hall.

Chloe scowled. "Go away, McAssface."

Melody snickered from where she stood a few feet away against the wall.

"Shut up."

"Excuse me?" Chloe replied. "What did you just say to me?"

She saw Jesse send Ben a look that said don't do it bruh, if you do this she will kill you. How Jesse could stand still being friends with the guy, Chloe didn't know.

"I know, Chloe." Ben said angrily. "Claire told me, about all of it, and I'm sorry, just get over it."

"All the dramatics, fantastic." Dr. Van Horn rolled her eyes. "You people are worse than Elias." She glared at Chloe. "Barbie -or Claire, whatever the girl's name is- told us to evacuate the hospital and Mr. Phantom Limb Syndrome here said that someone here could evacuate it all a hell of a lot faster than pulling the fire alarm or something. So, do whatever it is you do before all the patients die or I will shoot you."

"She's not lying, sniper girl here will." Ben commented.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ben paced outside of the hospital.

Jesse had transferred all patients and most of the staff to the other hospitals in North Carolina. There weren't that many of them outisde now.