𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

~ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 ~

—————

Lyra Blackstone was taught to be the most dangerous assassin in the world.

Without her birth parents, the only one parental figure she has is Clyde. He wants nothing but the best for her, and all she wants is him to be proud of her.

But while she works, there's an aching in her heart that keeps buried away. Until the man who caused it is at her front door.

Mason Pierce finally returns home, three years after his disappearance.

His parents are the leaders of their clan, which gives him a slight advantage of taking over. Except, his older sister is also up for the throne.

Under all of that, there's guilt in his heart when thinking about the woman he left three years ago. His thoughts consume him when he knocks on her door, wondering if he'll leave in a body bag.

Memories flood, lust fills the air they breathe. But can Mason win Lyra's heart again... and will she give it to him?

"I'm trying my best here, Lyra. And you're letting this one thing ruin us," Mason said, blocking my way.

"This one thing? I gave you a chance three years ago before you left without a fucking word! So, fuck you and your damn excuses!" I yelled, harshly shoving him. "You didn't even stop to think how you leaving would've made me feel, Mason!"

"Don't you think I thought about that every single day? For fucks sake, everything I did was to protect you!"

"By stabbing me in the heart and twisting the fucking blade?" I snapped. "You used me to please your parents when you could've told me the truth. You didn't defense me! This is your last time seeing my face."

"Lyra..." He pleaded but I cut him off, narrowing my eyes.

"You should've stayed gone," I seethed, slamming the front door closed.

~
HEADS UP

This book contains sexual content, vulgar language, and descriptive violence (such as gore and all that good shit). If any of these themes make you even the slightest bit uncomfortable, DO NOT READ.

Now before we start:

~The main character is a BITCH. I'm not even going lie, but don't come in the comments with a ton of negativity or hate towards my characters, cause I am not here for it.

~DO NOT attack other readers because of their opinions. Not everyone will agree or disagree on the same thing.

~I will not hesitate to mute or block rude assholes. Along with people that are making others uncomfortable. I don't put up with it.

~Now, last but not least: Do not be afraid to put your input in the comments. I love reading them, you guys are hilarious.

until the next chapter,
demongodesss