𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

LYRA
3 years ago

My eyes fluttered open, blinking multiple times to get rid of the sleepiness. It was still dark out and I let out a groan, stretching and cracking my back. I stretched my arm out next to me then lifted my head when that area was empty.

I sat up slightly and looked around, rubbing my eyes while throwing my legs over the side of the bed. Pulling the sleeves down, I stood up and walked towards the bathroom, peeking inside.

Empty.

I opened the room door and walked out, going downstairs. A quiet yawn came out of me as I looked around the living room, rubbing my eyes once more.

"Mason?" I called, continuing to walk around.

Where the hell did he go?

A shiver ran through me from the cold air and I stopped to turned the air up a little. Even after checking the downstairs bathrooms, I didn't know where he was. He usually wakes me up before he leaves for something, so it was odd.

I was starting to get worried.

I went back upstairs and turned the light on in my room, groaning and rubbing my eyes. None of his things were here anymore and his items that he kept on my nightstand were gone as well.

I bit my lip nervously and ran a hand through my hair, going to my dresser. A folded piece of paper rested on top of it, and I didn't hesitate to grab it. I sat on the edge of my bed and opened it, beginning to read.

Lyra,

It's an asshole move of me to do this over a letter, but I had no other choice. I'm leaving, and don't ask how long because I don't know myself.

The time we spent together was fun, but I got bored. You were a waste of time and honestly, I was just waiting for the right moment to leave. Don't take it the wrong way. It was me, not you.

Don't come looking for me, because I don't want you to. Have a nice life.

Mason

My lip began to tremble as I balled up the piece of paper. I inhaled shakily, tossing it in the trash and quickly wiping my eyes before a tear fell. I brought my hand up to the necklace he gave me and ripped it off, throwing it against the wall.

I got up and quickly turned the light off and crawled back into bed, pulling the blanket over my body. I held myself tightly, biting my lip hard to prevent myself from even letting a tear drop.

But I couldn't. A quiet sob escaped and I shut my eyes tightly, sniffling.

As much as it hurt to hold it in, it hurt even more to let it out. Just the realization of what Mason said in that letter, hit me like a bus and it just made my heart ache more. But overall... there was a hatred growing.

I love him with everything in me... but he got bored. I wasn't enough for him and I don't think I ever was. Son of a bitch... he used me.

Fuck you, Mason Pierce.