𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Even after the talk, Harley stayed with me just to relax a little. It felt nice having her here since we don't really have these moments anymore. Most days have been filled with work, work, and more work. Then days we aren't working, we're exhausted.

So, tonight was very much needed for both of us. Although my brain was stuck on the conversation Clyde and I had earlier. I don't know why that shook me as much as it did, but it wouldn't go away.

That's another reason why I'm kind of glad Harley stayed with me. She's keeping me calm and distracted. At least half distracted.

Another part of my brain was stuck on the flowers I received earlier. The flowers that Mason had sent to me.

Don't assume anything either; I still hate the man. The urge to shoot him is still a huge one and I doubt it'll go away anytime soon. A little bit of flowers or sweet words won't get me in his arms again.

The damage is too great for a pretty bouquet to fix.

"Hey, hey! You're killing my wine," I complained, grabbing the bottle and closing it.

"You always get the best kind," Harley gleamed, leaning against the counter.

"For me."

I saved the bottle then sighed, adjusting my robe.

"Clyde ever talked to you about the talk you had yet?" Harley asked.

"No, I don't think he plans on it. Not like I'm begging for an apology, this is just how Clyde is."

"If he does call your or anything like that, let me know. You know I'll be there."

"Yeah, I know," I sighed, nodding.

"Well, I'm going to head home. Don't forget, you need to be ready for the party by eight-thirty tomorrow."

"Yes ma'am," I chuckled.

Harley gathered her things and I walked to her to the front door, opening it for her. She walked out with a wave then jogged to her car. I shut the door then locked it with a sigh.

Raking my fingers through my hair, I went to my room and slipped off my robe in the process. I placed it over the end of my bed then crawled under my thick duvet cover, instantly letting my eyes shut closed.

***

Seven-thirty was the time I started to get ready. The day overall was boring since I was home all day, but the party Harley invited me to was what I was looking forward to.

It's refreshing being able to get out of the house for once, that didn't include working. I'm more worried about Harley when she gets around alcohol.

I wiped the mirror, removing the fogginess caused by steam from my hot shower. By the time I was done showering, forty-five minutes had passed.

Harley did say that the party was at a mansion, so it was a little difficult to decide what to wear.

Until I found my little black dress. Let's not forget the little sparkle with it. I may be a killer but that doesn't mean I don't know how to dress. Even killers get to be sexy every once and a while.

Hair was simple since I just left it down. My brown locks fell pass my shoulders, but I pushed it back since it feels weird against my neck.

I passed the towel across my body once more then went in my bedroom, grinning at my dress. With a tiny bit of struggle, I slipped it over my legs then adjusted the straps once I pulled it all the way up.

I went in front of my mirror, running my hands down my body slowly. A smile grew on my face and I went back to the bathroom, applying lipstick then a bit of mascara.