𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

"Lyra, you need to breathe or you'll pass out."

"And possibly get a concussion from hitting your head on the floor," Jacey quickly added, handing me a bottle of water.

I'm sweating bullets and my heart is pounding out of my chest. I knew we'd have to find him eventually, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

Hell, I didn't think we'd find the man until months from now.

"There you go," Mason cooed, gently rubbing my back. "Slow down, baby."

I pulled the bottle away from my mouth, sighing then wiping away the dribbles of water. Mason took the water bottle, placing it to the side then turning his chair so he can see my face clearly.

"She looks like a tomato," Jacey muttered, fanning my face.

"She was hyperventilating like crazy, obviously her face is going to be red."

I cleared my throat. "I'm okay now, I think. Heart is still racing, though."

"At least you're conscious."

He handed me the water again then sat in the chair across from his desk with Jacey sitting beside him.

"When Jacey blurted that we know where your brother is, she didn't think you'd... almost explode."

"How would you feel if Jacey was a complete stranger, and you find out she's your sister?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He slowly glanced at her, and she smiled cheekily.

"Terrified."

Her smile quickly fell, and she threw a punch to his shoulder, eliciting a pained yelp from him. I shook my head with a snort, quickly covering my mouth when he shot a quick glare at me. Jacey looked away, her cheeks puffing as she prevented herself from laughing.

"Back to the topic at hand," he muttered, rubbing his shoulder. "I talked to my parents to see if they knew anything about your brother or have even met him before."

"And?"

"They do," Jacey added. "Don't kill us, but... it turns out he's in charge of our weapons."

I blinked like an idiot, continuously looking between them and letting everything process in my brain. Taking a deep breath, I leaned back into the chair and ran my hands down my face.

"You're telling me my brother works for you?"

"We didn't know! He doesn't go by Blackstone. His last name is different."

"Adopted," I sighed. "They gave him up for adoption."

But it doesn't make sense. Why would they give him up, but keep me? Would they have ended up adopting me if it wasn't for Clyde taking me in his care? There are too many questions and the people that I need to answer them, disappeared off the face of the Earth.

"There is so many questions flooding my brain right now. None of this makes sense."

"Maybe talking to him will help you get some answers. I'm sure he has questions of his own as well," Jacey said, sitting atop of Mason's desk.

I nodded, sighing heavily. "Where is he now?"

"My mother  had him sent somewhere to handle something, but he should be on a flight back. Three hours at most," Mason responded.

"Alright, that gives me time."

"Time for what?"

"Time to prepare my mental state to see the older brother I never knew I had."