𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

LYRA

Taking another deep, I gripped the bar weight tightly on my shoulders and moved down into another squat, holding it for a few seconds. I stood up straight, exhaling deeply then repeating.

Harley and Noah have been getting ignored since the last conversation. They've been trying to force me to move on since the breakup and I'm sick. I understand it's been... years. But that time span we were together was something I've never experienced.

There's no chance I'll be getting that back, so why not just let me dwell on that feeling? I'm tired of being forced to do shit.

I dropped the weight with a groan, exhaling deeply as I brought my eyes to the mirror. The sweat made hair strands stick to my forehead and my face was a bright pink from the heat.

The sound of the door opening made me sigh as I glanced back at it.

"I see you're blowing off some steam," Clyde spoke, chuckling.

"It feels good too," I chuckled, turning around to look at him. "What're you doing in here?"

"Came to check on you. You look stuck in your head a little bit."

"I guess you can say that."

Sitting on the floor, I dabbed at my neck and cheeks with a towel before tossing it over my shoulder. Clyde walked over to me and sat beside me.

"Don't start with the father-daughter talk," I chuckled, looking at him.

"I wasn't, I wasn't. Just making sure you're alright. It's not about that... Mason, is it?"

"Here we go," I mumbled before letting out a sigh.

"It is, isn't it? Lyra-"

"I know, okay. You hate him, everybody hates him, I hate him. If everybody hates him so much then stop fucking bringing him up."

Pushing myself up, I walked away from him and out the room. Clyde followed behind me, calling out my name over and over.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Clyde," I snapped.

"Lyra!" His voice boomed and echoed around the area.

I stopped in my spot, breathing out slowly before turning around and facing him.

"Now, I'm also talking to you like your boss. I'm doing nothing but what's best for you, Lyra. Mason did nothing but make matters worse and left you as if you meant nothing."

"Thanks for the reminder. Are we done here?"

"Just go. It's no use trying to talk to you when you're like this," he sighed, running a hand down his face.

"Like what? Everybody's just in my ear muttering the same bullshit and I'm getting sick of it. Let Lyra control Lyra's life," I stated.

Clyde opened his mouth to say something but I  was already out the door. I pushed my hair back from my face and hopped in my car, starting the engine. My reflection in the rearview mirror made me grimace before I fixed it to its correct position.