Chapter 22: Pasts are Fun

Milo's Pov:

Elliot's been taking more time for himself and spending it with his family like he should have been doing before. Just to put it out there, when I say family I don't mean his parents, I mean me and Liam. At the moment we were at the park by his house, the one that started this all. We had a little picnic set up by a tree and we were enjoying the nice weather as Thor played with some other dogs. Liam had taken an interest with a leaf so he was just staring at it.

I was sitting in between Elliot's legs, back leaning against his chest. He had his arms around me as his head rested on top of mine. "This is nice." "Yeah, it is." I responded, a small smile on my face. "I want to know more about you." He said as if he'd finally come to a decision. "What do you mean?" "I mean, I've realized that you know a lot about me but I hardly know anything about you." "That's crazy love, of course you know things about me. We were dating before all the craziness, remember?"

"Yeah, but we always talked about me and my past, and sometimes some things you did before we met but you never tell me anything that happened to you before 20." I was silent for a moment. I knew what he meant and I knew it would only be a matter of time before be figured out how little he knew about me but I had been hoping I would have more time. "You're right, you don't know much about me." I made sure of it, I wanted to say. "Why is that?" "It's... complicated." "More complicated than my family?" He chuckled. "You'd be surprised."

"Well that doesn't matter to me, I love you and want to know more about you." "Well you better remember that." He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "So are you going to tell me about your childhood and past now?" "Can't we wait until we get home? I just want a little bit more peace before I unleash the kraken." "That's fine with me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elliot had Chase pick up Liam for some bonding time as he wanted us to be alone. Chase looked so terrified to be left alone with a baby but he said he watched a lot of YouTube videos so I was sure Liam would be fine. Plus, I gave Chase a binder so he wouldn't freak out every ten minutes. Elliot sat down on the love seat and pulled me on top of him. I snuggled into his chest and sighed, not ready for the conversation ahead. "So are you ready to tell me your secrets now?"

"Well what do you want to know?" "We'll start off easy. Where were you born?" "Born and raised in Naples Florida." "Florida? Wow, I never would have guessed." "Why is that?" "Well you don't have an accent." I rolled my eyes. "Just because Florida's in the south it doesn't mean everyone has an accent love." "I never really gave it much thought." I rolled my eyes once again and sighed. "What do you want to know next?" "Do you have any siblings?" "Yes, a younger sister." "What's her name?" "Rose." "That's a pretty name." "Yeah I always liked it." I said, trying to hide my sad smile.

"Well, who was your first kiss?" "Camden Bennett, 8th grade. He went to a different school and we kissed at camp, church camp to be exact." "Should I be jealous?" He asked in a joking voice. "You have nothing to worry about, haven't seen him since that day." "Well that's good." "What else?" "Do your parents live in New York too?" I felt my breathing stop as I heard him ask about my parents. Something about just the mention of them drove me crazy, but now wasn't the time for that. "No, they still live in Naples." I said finally.

"Are you okay princess, you seemed nervous." "I-I'm fine, just ask me your next question." "How come you never mention your parents? Are you guys close?" "A-alright that's enough questions for today." I got up off his lap and started to walk towards the stairs. He quickly followed behind me and grabbed my hand to prevent me from leaving. "This move is getting old you know?" "Well I wouldn't have to use it so much if you didn't run away so much. Now what's wrong? Did something happen to your parents? Are they dead or something?"