3

TW: Violence and mention of blood

Imelda woke me up the next day at 6 am, she helped me getting ready for the day. I ate breakfast always with the thought of the interaction with the redhead last night on my mind, now knowing she goes by Lady Tremaine. I can't stop thinking about her soft touch on my ankle, feeling like electricity going through my body, her eyes that have the most beautiful shade of blue hiding her emotions behind them, her soft looking lips, painted with red lipstick, curling in a beautiful smile making her high cheekbones popping out even more.

I'm dragged out of my line of thoughts when the clock hits 7 am, a strong knocking sound came from the front door and I sigh knowing that it was Mrs Allard ready for our etiquette classes. Learning how to behave like a lady wasn't that bad, but being punished when I do something wrong was the worst thing. Every time I say something wrong, pick up the wrong silverware to eat, interrupt her while she's talking or even when my elbow touches slightly the table she hits my hands with a small cane multiple times.

I get up and walk to the front door, where Imelda already invited the strict woman in, her eyes found my figure standing in front of the stairs right in front of them both. I straighten my back and look to her trying not to be intimidated by her presence "Good morning, Mrs Allard" I say while Imelda walks away giving me an encouraging look, because she knows what happens in these classes "Good morning, Ms y/l/n" she says walking to the living room, I follow her inside. Turning around to face me she says "Let's begin, shall we?" with her always cold expression and demanding tone "Yes, Mrs Allard".

"No! For dessert you use the smaller ones that are in front of you, not the ones on the sides! It's not that difficult, Ms y/l/n-" she reprimands me "I- I'm sorry, Mrs Allard" I interrupt her, apologizing for the millionth time today, I seem to can't find the necessary concentration, my mind always drifting to a certain blue-eyed woman "Do not interrupt me!" she says harshly almost screaming, making me flinch and some tears form in my eyes, but I hold them, because a lady doesn't cry in front of other people. "You know what this means, Ms y/l/n. Your hands, now!" reluctantly I bring my hands up, opening them with the palm facing up, preparing myself for the incoming hits. After ten hits in each hand she looks at me and then to the clock behind me, which reads 11.30 am, taking a deep breath, adjusting her hair and dress "It seems to be time for the class to end" she says walking to her things gathering them. I don't move, still feeling the stinging pain on my hands that doesn't fade away, but I don't dare to look at them now "I'll see you tomorrow, Ms y/l/n" I look to her and force a smile "Until tomorrow, Mrs Allard" and then she walks out.

Sighing in relief for the absence of that very strict woman presence, I let my muscles relax and close my eyes, but the single thought of her coming back makes me close my hands on fists, this gesture making me hiss by  feeling the burning on them. Looking at my hands I see multiple red lines from one side to the other of the palm, the warm blood dripping from the wounds, these were never this bad. Once in a while it was one or two that created a wound, but nothing like this. I go to the kitchen and find some thin cloth and wrap it around my hands after passing them on the water to clean some of the blood. Ignoring the pain and the sadness I'm feeling I walk out the door and head to Ella's house knowing her father has probably already left.

Walking through the front gate and into the garden I look around trying to find Ella, but see no one so I find my way to the small greenhouse and sit on the bench that is there, I look down to my hands, the blood starting to appear on the cloth, forming small spots in it. I close my eyes and throw my head back trying to think in something else than my bloody hands and my thoughts wander to the beautiful redhead, that I seem to can't stop thinking about, a smile grows on my face while remembering the small interaction of last night.