7

Absorbed in the moment I didn't realize how much time we stayed on the hidden place, but it must been hours for the sky is already with the dark tone of the night. Reluctantly I pull away from the warm body resting against mine for comfort, that I've been giving until now. Her head lifts from my chest and her eyes meet mine "It's getting dark." I say softly and she shifts her gaze to the sky "Come, I'll accompany you home." I say while slowly standing up, she sniffles looking at me again and nods standing up as well. I reach to her and wipe the remains of tears from her cheeks with my thumbs, she leans into my touch closing her eyes and letting a small smile appear on her lips, she looks so frail right now and I only want to protect her from everything. Opening her eyes again she composes herself clearing her throat "Shall we go?" I ask, she nods and interlocks her arm with mine, my heart jumps and butterflies erupt on my stomach, just a simple minded gesture from her can make me feel all these things. Ignoring them I try to act normal all the way to her house.

Arriving at the door she turns to me "Do you want to come in?" my heart almost jumps out of my chest at her question, but a feeling of worry consumes me "I don't know if that's a good idea." I say looking down "Don't you worry, my daughters and Ella must be already asleep." she points to the clock and it reads 10pm, I look back to her "Are you sure?" I ask nervously "I am, darling." she says giving me a warm smile, I nod and follow her inside.

"I'm just going to change, I'll be right back." she says while walking up the stairs "Alright, I'll make us some tea." I inform her and then walk to the kitchen. I search in the cabinet for my favourite tea kettle, my fingers running through the different kettles until they land in one that is white with a beautiful blue paint and some gold adornments in it too.

The object is so simple, but so beautiful

The object is so simple, but so beautiful. Gently I grab and fill it with water, then I put it in the fire and wait for the water to boil. While waiting I prepare the also white, blue and gold cups with the necessary things on the table.

As I finish putting the things in the table I look back at the kettle, the small fire under it crackling and warming me

As I finish putting the things in the table I look back at the kettle, the small fire under it crackling and warming me. It makes me feel at ease, the flames dancing, so dangerous but also so beautiful, it looks like magic. My thoughts wander around and the wonderful Lady that is upstairs comes into mind, she looked so broken when we were on the hidden place, she just lost her second husband, it must hurt so much, she's living it for the second time. If I could take her pain away I certainly would do that.

Someone clears they're throat behind me making me jump and let out a surprised gasp, abruptly turning around I see the redhead looking at me with an amused smile "Sorry, I didn't heard you." I say with a hand on my chest, she smiles "No. I'm sorry, dear. It wasn't my intention to startle you." I nod "Come sit." I say pointing towards the chair, gladly she does that and then the kettle starts making noise, meaning that the water is ready.

I grab a cloth so I can hold the kettle without burning my damaged hands "Here, let me do it." she says standing up and extending her hand so I could give her the cloth "It's alright, I-" she tilts her head and raises an eyebrow "Give me the cloth, Miss y/n" my eyebrows shot up at my name rolling so amazingly well out of her mouth, her hand reaches to the cloth and her fingers brush mine, my lips part feeling the electricity from the touch. I look back at her and she has a confused look on her face, but quickly changes it and turns around to take the kettle out.

She pours the water, carefully, into the two cups while I was already seated on the same chair from the previous times, admiring her. Her hair was loosened just like the first time I saw her at the fountain, she was wearing the same silk robe as well, it was slightly more open than that time and now showed more of her cleavage, her being inclined while pouring the water only increased in it opening more. I couldn't seem to advert my eyes from her, but as she rests the kettle on the table my eyes shot up to look at her face, catching me by surprise as her eyes were fixed on me. Feeling my cheeks burn for being caught staring I look down to my cup, grabbing it and taking a little gulp, the warm liquid sliding down my throat warming my insides.

She sits down on the chair in front of me and takes a sip from her own tea. Her eyes go to my clothed hands, frowning her eyebrows "Did she did it again?" she asks softly, caught off guard I look at her "What?" she looks at my hands "Oh... Yes." I lower my head and my eyes fall to my cup once again "Why does she do that?" she asks frustrated, I'm surprised by her tone, why does she want to know? "Well- Uhm... It's the punishment I get when I do something wrong." she looks at me with raised eyebrows now "You already told me that. But why does she have to punish you?" I certainly don't know what to answer that "That's a question I can't answer, but I can certainly say that it gives her plenty of pleasure." I say lowering my voice, she frowns again "Why don't you say what she does to you to someone?" a feeling of sadness consumes me "I can't-" she grabs my hand "Why's that?" I take a deep breath looking at her hand touching mine "They wouldn't do anything, it's not worth it." she grabs my chin with her other hand and lifts my head so we're looking in each other eyes "Can I help?" my eyes widen and I retreat my hands while standing up "No- Yes- I mean- I don't-" she stands up as well and cups my face with both hands, tears now falling freely from my eyes, she wipes them with her thumbs, like I did to her, instantly soothing me "It's alright." she whispers before embracing me, I should be the one comforting her not the other way around. We pull away and when she opens her mouth to say something we hear a door shut and then someone walking down the stairs "Hide!" she says and I run to the storage room leaving the door slightly open so I could see and hear what was going on.

From the kitchen door emerges a slim figure with a light blue dress and blonde locks running down her back, Ella. She stops when she becomes aware of Lady Tremaine's presence "Madame, I didn't know you were still awake." Ella says surprised to see her here, Lady Tremaine walks back to her seat "Yes, I still am, as you can see. I was in need of a cup of tea. And you? What are you doing still up?" she asks coldly "I couldn't sleep so I decided to get a glass of water." she says while filling a glass with water, her stepmother hums and then Ella notices the other cup on the table "Were you with someone else?" she asks curiously "That's none of your business." she replies harshly, Ella lifts her eyebrows "If that is all, you may go. Now." Ella looks to the woman that is getting annoyed with her and nods "Goodnight, Madame." she says and leaves.

After hearing the door shut I walk out "That was close." I say chuckling a little "Indeed, it was." she says smiling, she was now next to me as she got up from her seat when I walked out. She was very close to me, specially her face, we got lost in each other eyes and my breath hitches. She was so close that I could feel her warm breath tingling on my cheek, my eyes wandered to her lips and hers to mine, without noticing we start leaning towards one another, but something clicked on her mind and she stops, mere inches from me and that's when I understood what was happening. Quickly she pulls away and looks to everything but me "Y-you should go." sadness creeped it's way into me "Yes, I really should. Goodnight, Madame." I say giving her a fake smile and walking out.

Opening the front door of my house and stepping in I let my tears fall down freely, my hand flung to my mouth so I wouldn't make any noise, my knees got weak and I fell to the ground, my heart aches really bad, but what was I thinking? She just lost her husband. She's in pain. She's not looking for another relationship and, above all, she's not like me.

I stand up and walk into my room, silently, and got in bed, instantly falling asleep as the events from the day drained all my energy.

××××
Hello!
How are you? <3
I'm sorry I know that I said I'd post yesterday or the day before, but I have strict parents that can't see me on the phone, cause, as they say, I'm always on it. *rolls eyes*
Also, I'm sorry if there's something wrongly written, it's currently 3.50am hehehe
I really don't know if I like this chapter or not :/
Anyways, here is the update! Enjoy besties <3

Kisses
-S