4

Tossing and turning around on my bed I huff frustrated, I couldn't seem to make myself fall asleep, every time my eyes close blue ones appear staring back at me. Looking at the ceiling I decide to get up and go to the hidden fountain in the forest, it was not very distant from mine and Ella's house, but I seem to be the only one who discovered it, making it my special place.

Putting the silk robe around me and carefully walking down the stairs I exit the house closing the door behind me. The chilling breeze of the night making me instantly wrap my arms around the torso. Slowly I made my way to the hidden place, looking back to be sure that I didn't woke up anyone.

The calming sound of the water cascading from the fountain and the sweet perfume of the flowers welcomed me, always succeeding in making me relax and be at peace.

Inhaling the scent that the air holds I approach the fountain and pass my damaged hand through the water feeling the cold of it. Then I walk to a small rock and sit on it, as I usually do. Closing my eyes I let my mind go through my memories, stopping in one of my favourites.

Memory

Me, Ella and her mother, Lizzie, were walking in the forest, the sun rays hitting our faces from time to time through the small spaces between the tree branches. Ella was on the right side holding Lizzie's hand while I was on her left side, hand in hand she guided us to a pond.

My jaw drop while I look around, the shiny water reflecting the sun rays, the colorful flowers and the butterflies making the place look right out of a fairytale, my eyes then landing on Lizzie's, she was smiling sweetly at me "Do you like it?" sh...

My jaw drop while I look around, the shiny water reflecting the sun rays, the colorful flowers and the butterflies making the place look right out of a fairytale, my eyes then landing on Lizzie's, she was smiling sweetly at me "Do you like it?" she asks "Yes, it's beautiful" I say out of breath "Mother, can we go for a swim?" Ella asks excitedly "Do you want to?" she looks at her then at me, we both nod eagerly making her chuckle "Well, let's go girls!" she says taking of her dress and running to the water, me and Ella change a look and do the same running to the water and diving in. As I came to the surface I get splashed on the face and then hear Lizzie's angelic laugh "Hey!" I say starting to laugh too, splashing her back and then splashing Ella too. After a while splashing each others Lizzie says "Alright! Alright! I surrender!" and throws her hands up in the air surrending, making me and Ella stop and laugh. After a while playing on the water we get out and decide to get back home.