8

I open my eyes and the first thing that crosses my mind is the redhead, how she was so vulnerable in front of me, how broken she was and the moment we shared in her kitchen... My heart aches remembering how we said goodbye that night, the look of conflict that she was holding... I push these thoughts to the back of my head and taking a deep breath I get out of bed.

Imelda walks in giving me the good mornings and helps me getting ready for the day I have ahead "What are you going to do today?" she asks me while tying the back bow of my dress "I was planning on going to Ella's house, help her with what she needs, if you don't mind that is." I say trying to sound normal, but I guess I didn't succeed, turning me around she cups my face "Of course I don't mind, but are you alright?" her eyes are holding so many emotions, but above of all concern, so I smile to ease some worries she might have "Yes, I'm alright, thank you, really." I say giving a kiss on both her hands and she visibly relaxes "Good, but if you nee-" she starts, but I interrupt "I know, maman." she smiles "I must go now, thank you and see you later." I say giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking out.

Slowly walking through Ella's garden I look up to the sky and take a deep breath preparing myself to be in that kitchen again, but a very familiar voice singing a oh so well known song gets my attention.

Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet
High above
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale
High

Walking to the kitchen door I see Ella preparing some food while singing so beautifully, closing my eyes and leaning into the door frame I get lost on the beautiful melody, word by word slipping so gracefully from her mouth like honey.

Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet

I'm so entranced by her singing that I didn't notice that I was singing as well.

Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Oh sing sweet
Oh sing

The song comes to an end and I slowly open my eyes just to see Ella looking at me with a smile from ear to ear and tears in her eyes "You remember." I smile softly "Of course I do."

Memory

It was a sunny day, but not like the others as the sun wasn't so bright and a feeling that today wasn't going to be a good day was disturbing me, but I try to ignore it.

Ella and I were playing outside in the garden following the butterflies and mimicking the sounds of the small birds when Ben said for us to come inside.

Once inside Ben knelt in front of us with tears in his eyes "Why are you crying, papa?" Ella asks, he sniffles and cleans his eyes "It's your maman, she wants to talk with both of you." we share a look and nod to him. While following him to their room I can't stop thinking about what she wants to talk with us, I know she's sick, but could it be that serious? We arrive at the door and he opens the door "My dear, they're here to talk with you." Ben says approaching the bed "Good... Can I talk with them alone?..." she asks, her voice barely above a whisper, her skin more pale than porcelain with dark circles around her eyes, she got skinnier and her beautiful blond hair has fallen, it breaks me seeing her like this and the worst of all is that I can't help her, I'm hand tied.

Ben exits the room closing the door, Elizabeth looks to both of us and weakly she smiles "Come here my sweet girls." I approach her from the right and Ella from the left, we both lay on the bed and rest our heads on her shoulders, I can feel her bones so well and she's so cold even with all these blankets on her. She starts caressing our heads with the strength that she has left "I want to tell you a secret..." she pauses to take a deep breath "A great secret that will see you through all the trials that life can offer." I look at her tears running down my cheeks as I now know that she's saying goodbye to us "You must always remember this." her hold got a little stronger and she looks at Ella and then at me "Have courage and be kind, my darlings." she kisses each of our foreheads "Will you promise me?" she's now crying too "I promise." we both say at the same time "Good." the door opens and Ben enters the room, Elizabeth looks at him and then at both of us "I must go very soon my loves. Please forgive me." the tears won't stop falling down my cheeks and the way my heart aches makes the pain even worse "Of course we forgive you." we both say between sobs, embracing her as if we could make her stay a little longer. Ben join us and a soft voice starts singing.

Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet
High above
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale
High

Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Oh sing sweet
Oh sing

We stay the rest of the day making her company and it's at night, when the stars are shining, that she takes her last breath.

End of memory

This sweet melody will stay forever engraved on my mind making me remember the best moments we had together "Every time I sing she seems to be with me... And now it seems them both are with me." I say with a soft smile remembering both of them "I can relate to that, it is like magic." she says whipping her tears "Everything is going to be alright." I say approaching her and embracing her "Thank you, y/n/n." I pull back "Every time you need." she smiles and nods "Now, can I help y-" I'm interrupted by someone entering the kitchen "What's going on here?" a woman in pink asks "Who are you?" the woman next to her dressed in yellow asks right after "Anastasia, Drizella, she's my best friend she-" Ella tries to explain, but without success "I don't care who she is, she must leave now!" the one in pink says raising her voice making me flinch "What is all this noise about?" a voice that I know very well asks and in walks the beautiful woman who voice belongs, my heart speeds up and the butterflies erupt in my stomach, our eyes lock and my breathing stops for a moment "Nothing Madame, y/n was-" I interrupt her "I was just leaving, I'm so sorry for causing this misunderstanding." my eyes never leaving Lady Tremaine's, breaking eye contact with her I turn to Ella "I see you later, goodbye." she looks at me and gives me an apologetic look "See you later, y/n/n." as I'm walking out the door I hear one of the women "You don't need to come back." her voice was low, but loud enough for me to hear, tears cloud my vision, I try to hold them, but to no avail "Please don't leave me." I whisper while walking to the hidden place as I didn't want to go back home.

××××
Hellooo!!
I'm sorry for being so absent, but with college it's being difficult to manage my time haha
Well!? Here it is! A new chapter! Hope you like it! I know it's a little sad and not my best, sorry :/
And... Hmm here is past midnight, but I don't care soooo MERRY CHRISTMAS (for y'all that celebrates it ofc ;) )
Love you all, stay safe!!

Kisses
-S

Ps: Thank you so so so much for all your support!! You all are amazing!! Loveee youuuu <33