9

I woke up with the sound of the little birds on my windowsill, I smile looking at them, they're so pure and beautiful, I miss the days I was too. A warm feeling spreads through my body remembering the wonderful days of my childhood, the birds chirping merging together with it. Unfortunately, that feeling quickly disappears and my smile fades after hearing two voices, that I wish didn't sound familiar, from downstairs. Next thing I know Imelda is walking in and rushing me to get ready "Come on, love, you need to get ready. Your parents want to have a talk with you." after hearing that I begin to feel nauseous "Imelda-" she knows what I'm going to say so she tries to calm me down "I know, love, I know, but you need to. I'm right next door and I'm sure it's nothing, take a deep breath, alright?" I nod taking a deep shaky breath while she closes my dress "Good. Now, off you go, they're in the living room." She says "Alright." I say walking out of my room and down the stairs.

Standing in front of the living room's door I hear their muffled voices and then knock softly, hoping that they don't hear it "Come in." I hear father's voice, opening the door I see them on the sofa "Hello, father. Hello, mother." I say politely, trying to show them what I learned on the etiquette classes beside cleaning my wounds, they look at me, "Hello, darling." my father says taking a sip from his whiskey, a shiver runs down my spine, I really don't like when he calls me that. My mother gaze is fixed on me, analyzing every single thing I am wearing, how's my hair, my clothes, my makeup, everything and I have to use all my willpower to not squirm uncomfortably "Hello, y/n." she finally says coldly, looking into my eyes "Sit down." father says strictly and I do as told, sitting on the sofa in front of them with a perfect posture, although very uncomfortable, I wait to hear what they have to say.

Mother holds a cold and emotionless expression, her piercing eyes always judging me in a silent way. Father takes another sip and changes to an extremely serious expression "Your mother and I will host a party here this weekend and we expect an excellent behaviour from you." starting to get nervous I nod "There will be invited many people with a very high standard." I stay silent, listening every single thing he has to say with all my attention "There will be many pretenders, I'm sure someone will catch your eye." mother says, which make me clench my jaw "Pretenders?" I ask trying to sound normal "By all means, you are at the perfect age to find a Duke or a Marquis so we can get more lands and status." of course they just want more lands, money, material goods and above all more status, I don't want to marry a man, that's not me, I despise the fact they are using me to gain more status. As I was silent, father accosted me "Darling, this is tremendously important for you to understand how this will affect u- you." with my nails digging into my palms and a lump in my throat I look at him with pure rage "Yes, father." if I try to say something it will only make things worse.

Getting up I look everywhere but at them "If you'll excuse me, I need to go to the village." I say excusing myself, giving a quick glance at them, I see they're nodding with smiles on their faces making my anger rise.

Out of the door I make my way to the stables, leaving all doors open, I get y/h/n out and mount them, grabbing they're mane I say "Let's go y/h/n! The fastest you can go, please!" and as magic they start galloping, after entering the forest they get faster.

The wind being the only sound I hear, making my hair fly and my cheeks rosy, but above all making me forget everything around me, it's like flying, running in the clouds, not giving a single care about my problems and feeling all my anger disappear, it's liberating.

Y/h/n and I arrive to a little lake filled with fishes, little frogs on top of water lilies and dragonflies. Removing my footwear I let the grass tickle my bare feet, sneaking between my toes, closing my eyes and tilting my head up for the sun rays to warm my face, the smell of the little flowers fill my nostrils and a faint smile appears on my lips.

I sit on the cosy green grass and Y/h/n lays behind me snuggling, so I lay down on their chest. We stay there the rest of the day, far from the world, far from the drama, far from my parents, far from everything... our little freedom moment before we go back home, I just desired a certain person to be here getting lost in time with us.

××××
Hey!
How are y'all?
I'm so deeply sorry for not updating for soooooo long, but I'm so busy with college stuff and it's very draining :')
And I've been out of ideas to write, writers block is not good haha
Well, hope you like this chapter too, it's not big and it's not that good, but I'm sure you will like the next one hehe :3
And I promise I'll try to update once a week! If I can't update I'll let you know :3

Kisses,
-S