3 » a possible ally and a plan

You thought the outside of the house looked rich and elegant,」but it was the inside of the building that actually shocked you. 

    You knew the family was rich and you excepted a lot, but the elegant ornamets, golden ornaments out of all, on the beige walls and the paintings by the greatest artists and the crystal chandeliers weren't... exactly the things you though you will see. 

    You also noticed how different it was from what you saw outside.

    You couldn't see anything, even a color that could resemble Inazuma, with exception for some of the paintings. It confused you, since it was so hard lately to get any art supplies, let alone any more known paintings, especially from current stars of the art world.

    Was it one of the reasons why they were your parents' top pick? Probably.

    It was impressive for you, even if you didn't wanted to admit it outloud.

    You were lead by the butler through the corridors to the dining hall, where the family was waiting and you were too focused on observing the painting to notice, that the walk ended faster than you thought.

    At this moment, at the moment of seeing them in person, the stress and anxiety came back again. 

    The first person to notice was the head of the house (you assumed at least, by the brand suit he wore, and you could swear you saw a signet on his finger- the pretty, golden one you saw on all those businessmen your mom talked with) standing next to his wife (she was so pretty, yet her stare was colder than ice− you never knew it was possible). 

    Next to them were standing two people, a young man and probably his sister. You guessed they were siblings  by the way they were so similiar, with obvious differences like hair and clothes (and with how the man was looking so bored, like he wants to leave already and the woman was clearly tired, and how her eyes were so empty—)

    "It's so good to see you there, Yulia." The woman spoke, as her husband sat on the chair and called the other two to him, "We thought your condition might make it hard to come."

    Her voice still lacked any emotions. It didn't stopped your mom to smile warmly at her empty words, "I'm also glad to see you, Mischa... We want to thank you for hosting this dinner here."

    Wait.

    Her name was Snezhnayan.

    You thought it was a little weird. 

    But it will be better to ignore it for now, you thought.  

    "It's nothing, don't trouble yourself thanking."

    You all sat next to the table and you had the luck (could you really call yourself lucky?) to sit in front of the man (the boy actually, he looked a bit younger than you initially thought, probably around your age).

    The man you are going to marry.

    It was so, so, so goddamn nauseating. 

    One look at him and stare back was enough to throw you out of temporary peace of mind and throw back into the damn pit of anxiety that you managed to crawl out for just mere seconds.

    In slight panic, you looked at the person next to you, at Ajax with hopes of any reassurance, let it be a little smile or comforting words whispered to you—

    "Wait, are you alright?" There was the whispered words you asked for, accompanied with a hint of worry in his eyes.

    "I feel uncomfortable here..." It was hard to keep your voice as a whisper. Uncomfortable wasn't exactly the word for what you were feeling, but it was close enough.