11 » a suggestion

It was... embarrassing to admit, but you were actually getting along with him.

     Kinda.

    He wasn't making fun out of you each five seconds and after some time he seemed to talk more easily about things. It wasn't that you suddenly forgot everything else he did and now you were ready to call him your friend and stuff, no! You still didn't liked him and still prefered staying at home, but you could at least see the chance that, well, maybe somehow you two won't jump to each other's throat and somehow survive this marriage. Somehow get him to move out with you, it will benefit you both after all!

    But most importantly, he was paying you attention and even seemed actually interested in what you were saying. That was all that you needed from him to get along, it seems.

    Or at least you thought he did. There was a thought in your mind that maybe, juuust maybe he only acted like this, that it all was fake and, oh, you didn't wanted it to be true...

    After nagging him for some time, he finally started talking about himself. Just like you, Scaramouche also started painting because of his parents' love for it. He quit it quite fast though, apparently because 'he had no time for childish hobbies anymore and overall got bored' after entering highschool.

    "It's a shame..." You said, "Can't you go back to it after school ends?"

    Scaramouche looked at you and answered quickly, "No. Too much time passed and I'm not interested anymore."

    Too much time passed! It wouldn't be a big issue for you... Well, with time you would forget some things and you would have to learn stuff again, but with enough motivation it would be possible.

    (According to your dad.)

    You raised your eyebrows before answering, "Haven't even thought about it?" 

    He seemed to think about it for a second and you already had small hopes that, maybe, he will think about it but–

    "Forget it."

    "Aww, why not give it a try..." You sighed. But you won't force him to try, you're better than your dad. For sure better.

    (There were times when you didn't wanted to paint, tired, not wanting to take part in stupid competitions anymore, yet your dad would try to force you to do it anyway. Because how could you waste your talent like this and not show it to people? But truth to be told, he never really cared about it, he just cared about fame and money he could get from it.)

    (Good that those times already passed.)

    The meeting was slowly coming to an end.

    And to think about it, you didn't really wanted to talk with dad today or even see him, but so you didn't wanted to go anywhere alone. You didn't really had anyone to call since Rosa was probably busy, Ajax... wasn't even an option, you had no one but—

    "Do you have anything else to do?" He asked when you both left the building, ready to go home and yet. You raised your eyebrows confused. Just like he was reading your thoughts... 

    "Not really... Why you do ask?" Well, you could guess what he will say next, but...

    "I'll buy you a coffee, there's a caffe nearby."

    You didn't had a reason to say no.

︿

    There was a reason to why he suggested the caffe. 

    There was overall a reason why he, too, didn't wanted to go back home so fast. 

    For now however, he was waiting for Ei to answer his call. He didn't wanted to see his parents, they would probably instantly ask how it went with (y/n) and if he managed to change their mind or do any progress and, well, the answer was no.

    And they would never take no as an answer. 

    He didn't wanted to talk with them at all which... was hard. They would notice him coming back home after all...

    Ei finally answered the call after a minute and he started talking before she could even say anything.

    "Are they at home?" 

    "Mom and dad? They are watching something in the living room."

    He sighed. They will notice him and then go and ask him stupid questions like always. He could find another excuse to not go home yet but! 

    "Tell them I'll be back later." Before she could answer he ended the call and already started walking away, but got interrupted by... no one else but Ei calling him. 

    "What do you want?" He just hoped it won't be her complaining about him...

    "I'm not here to do anything you tell me, do it yourself."

    Well. 

    "I don't want to talk with them, Ei." Her complaining didn't really moved him. Yes, yes, he's a terrible brother who only talks to his sister when he wants something from her, he knows. He really knows.

    "I am not going to make up another excuse for your behavior. Can't you for once not put me in a situation like this?" He just rolled his eyes at this. If she only knew why he didn't wanted to talk with them! 

    "Just tell them whatever? Not like they are going to scold you for this." They never said a bad thing about her... well, at least usually so he thought—

    "How could you be so sure about this? They already did it."

     That's... not something he excepted. Well, he was even shocked a bit by it. Did they really got bored of her being their favorite child... With each day he wanted to leave this place even more. Leave them and never come back.

     There was a moment of silence before he even said anything.

    "Just... tell them I'm busy with something." He thought for a second more, before adding "That I'm walking (y/n) back. Whatever." 

    They had a convo in the caffe.

    It turned out, pretty much by an accident, that (y/n) agreed for the same reason Scaramouche suggested the caffe. And, also totally by an accident, they both came to conclusions that they can just use their meetings as excuses to leave the house. 

    At first he laughed at them, they weren't ten and didn't needed an excuse to leave the house, but... it was a perfect deal with how annoying his parents were. He could go with that. It also would give him the ocassion to talk with them more and maybe change their mind about things... 

    "And tell me if they say anything about you."

    With that, he ended the call.

︿

so im. sorry for the wait and for this bad quality chapter but school kicked my ass! i might or not be failing few subjects. funny stuff. but i promise the next chapters will be better lol