4 » an expensive caffe

「 "Marrying a man to save your family business?" 」 The blonde girl put the cup of coffee on the table, "That really sounds like a cheap drama plot."

You couldn't disagree with her words, no matter how much you wanted. Come on, you saw stuff like this in all those dramas you watched on tv!

"It is a cheap drama plot." You mumbled, more to yourself, "And I hate it."

The girl just gave you a quick stare before coming back to her coffee, "Have you tried talking with him yet?"

You raised your eyebrows, who she exactly meant-

"That boy. Your future fiancé?"

Oh. Fiancé. Right.

"No? We were on a dinner in his house, with his parents and his sister and you thought I talked with him?" You winced, "He hardly looked at me, let alone exchanged a word."

Honestly, you were a bit happy for that.

You were too stressed to think rationally so who knows, you would probably say something stupid, directer by emotions and it would only fuck up everything, right?

A stare.

"Then talk with him now."

Another stare.

"You are such a genius, Rosa."

You couldn't get it− how she could be so smart sometimes and yet give you so stupid and obvious advices like talking with him!

She rolled her eyes.

"But didn't you said yourself he might be against the marriage too?" She pointed at you with cup, "The faster you talk with him, the faster you might get out of this, right?"

You didn't wanted to talk, but you knew you had to.

"But what do I say?" You (again) raised your eyebrows, "Like, hey, I know you don't like this arrangement so let's argue with our parents? That won't work!"

You wish it could though, you would deal with it yourself already! If your parents only listened to you for more than five seconds, of course.

The girl went silent for a second, just like she was thinking about the response... which she didn't, because instead she just continued sipping her coffee.

You stared at her for a few seconds more before going back to eating the cake you ordered earlier.

At least you are getting a free cake out of this.

"(y/n)?"

Upon coming back home from the meeting with Rosalyne, you went straight to your room, hoping that no one will bother you.

You were wrong.

"What?" You didn't even looked at him, just continued staring at your phone. It wasn't the nicest thing to do, but...

"Mom told me to tell you they already scheduled a..." he trailed off, seemingly trying find right words.

Upon hearing the word 'scheduled' you raised your head to look at him, now curious about what he wants to say.

"...meeting with this boy you will marry. "

Not the best word choice.

And not the best thing to hear. Not when you still don't know how to save yourself from this bullshit.

You huffed, "They couldn't even say it straight to me but had to use you?"

"Weeeell, you were on a meeting with Nora, they probably didn't wanted to interrupt you!" Rosalyne, Rosa, Nora- oh, why everyone calls her by different names? Can't they just pick one nickname and stick to it-

"Don't tell me they started suddenly caring about me?" You raised eyebrows.

Ajax just laughed nervously, "I'm sure they just didn't wanted to bother you~"

Huh. Weird.

You nodded, "Are they going to talk with me about details or what?"

"Dinner is soon, so you will hear it from them."

"Alright."

The realization that you will actually have to meet him, talk with and all that stuff was slowly crepping in and, wow.

You are not ready for that.

Not only because you have no plan at all, but also because you still remember how stressed you were at the dinner. How much you wanted to leave and how close to were to doing this and-

"See you at the dinner, then."

With that, Ajax left your room.

You still couldn't shake off the feeling that something was very weird about it all.

︿

"Rosa."

"Yes?"

"I still don't know what to say to him."

Few days later you met with your friend again.

The scheduled meeting was supposed to happen tomorrow according to your parents, at this popular caffe that everyone heard about and was loved by the rich.

So goddamn expensive, yet there you are, sitting in the said caffe with Rosalyne, eating the most expensive cake you saw in the menu and drinking coffe.

It was Rosa's favorite place, so you couldn't exactly say no. Especially since it was her who was paying.

"Hmm... just say you two have to talk about your current situation and hope for the best. Isn't that easy?"

"Your and mine definition of 'easy' seem to be very different." you mumbled.

"Oh, but you know it's the only thing you can do." She finally looked at you, putting the plate with the cake away for a moment, "Tell him you also don't agree with your parents' doing and wish to change it."

It... seemed logical. No, it was the only option and thing to say and honestly, you were aware of that already.

Just hoped for anything other.

"But what if he says no? Have you thought about it?"

She seemed to think about your words for a second, before answering.

"Then why won't you make him change his mind?"

What?

"What?" you mumbled, "But how?"

"That's something I don't know. Guess you will have to find out." She took the plate closer to her before going back to eating.

You thought about it for a second.

Well. It wasn't stupid.

It wasn't stupid to try change his mind if he says no, make him like you and realize how bad this all is for you, make him help you at any cost.

At any cost.

That's why when the day of the meeting came and you saw him sitting at the table, you confidently (with fake confidence) walked to him and sat on the free chair.

And, somehow you managed to say the few words you had in your mind the whole time.

"We need to talk."

︿

if you managed to catch all references to certain someone then... good job lol at least half of the chapter was written on my phone... so sorry for any formatting mistakes!