{ XI } Nurse Psycho

July 19th, 1978

July 19th, 1978

No one was safe.

She thought it was a prank. Some sort of stupid joke put together by a bunch of Sunnyvale shits.

Sidney and Ziggy had been walking down the Lakes dock when a random camper had shouted that the police were on the campgrounds.

Sidney thought it was strange but then again nothing was impossible at Camp Nightwing, especially when half of the counselors there were so careless with the campers.

But then she and Ziggy decided that it was best to turn back once they had heard that Nurse Lane had attacked a counselor. That she had just gone crazy like her daughter.

Of course, neither of the girls believed that, so they wanted to see for themselves.

It wasn't until they made it back onto the campground that Sidney heard the name of the attacked counselor, a name that made her breath catch in her throat. It was Tommy.

Once her eyes landed on her brother, she felt like she could breathe normally again.

Running towards him, she quickly threw her arms around his shoulders, ignoring the way he flinched at the contact. "What the hell happened?" She questioned him, still hanging onto him and ignoring the glare the police officer shot her for interrupting his questioning.

"Nurse Lane. She just snapped, she attacked me." Tommy muttered to her. "What, why?" Sidney couldn't believe the nurse would attack her brother. Sure she had been acting strange but not strange enough to attack someone twice her size.

"As I was saying, did you have a history with her? Did she have a grudge against you?" The officer resumed his questioning as they wheeled out an unconscious Nurse Lane on a stretcher. "No grudge. No, we barely ever talked. I... I go to get bug spray from her. That's it." Tommy stuttered out.

"It just doesn't... it doesn't make any sense." He continued, his eyes following the medics that wheeled the nurse away. "Why would she do something like this?" Sidney asked the officer as he wrote down Tommy's statement.

"She was nuts, just like her kid." Sidney tried her best to hold in her scoff at the officer's assumption. "Nurse Lane, she never seemed crazy." She interjected quickly.

"That's what she said about her kid, but sane people don't chop up their friends." The officer glared down at the camper. "Now, tell me again what happened."

Sidney rolled her eyes at the cop before shifting her gaze onto Ziggy who watched as Nurse Lane got put into the ambulance.

"Um... She came into the kitchen... and she had a knife in her hand. She told me that she couldn't save me... and that one way or another I was gonna die tonight. And then she attacked me." Tommy recounted the events that had just taken place.