Be Mine 2

Liam sadly smiled, "How can I be yours when you don't even look at me properly, talking is a far off thing. You pretend like I'm a stranger living in your house. You even chat with your staff members but me, am I that bad company?"

Zayn's grip on his elbow loosened, and his shoulders fell, "I'm scared of losing another person in my life, Liam. I'm scared of losing the best thing that ever happened to me. It's you Liam, it's you"

Liam stroked his cheeks and led them to the couch. They sat beside each other, holding hands, "Tell me what happened with you, tell me who hurt you?"

Zayn looked at him, "My mum was battling cancer for the last two years before she died. She was my world, you know. She wanted me to pursue my career in painting. I had applied for college too. On the day I got my acceptance letter, she left me. She didn't just die, she took all my dreams and hopes with her too"

"I decided not to continue my studies and join Baba's company. I changed myself, became this person who wasn't me at all, I broke my friendship with everyone. This world is full of cruel people, if you stay away from them, you won't be harmed. Those doctors, they told me that my mum would live, she'll be with me, she'll see me graduating, she'll watch how I'll sell my first painting, she'll meet my boyfriend and they both would get along and so many things, Liam, but nothing happened!!"

Liam hugged him as Zayn started crying. It was now Liam's turn to console him. He took Zayn's face in his small hands and wiped the tears, "It's alright if you don't wanna continue" It pained him to see those hazel eyes filled with tears.

Zayn shook his head, "All were lies, people always lie and take away precious things from you. They took my mum, now they took my baba, you know, the day he got into the accident, he was talking to me on the phone, telling me about you, he saw you in a party and thought you'd be best for me. But this universe is cruel, and it took him away, now if I get closer to you, they'll take you away from me. I can't let that happen. That's why I send Ryan with you always, but I can't imagine to lose you Liam" He detached himself from Liam.

Liam's heart broke seeing his husband like this. The man who looked so powerful and strong was so vulnerable inside. All he needed was a little love but those walls that he built around were impossible to break.

Liam straddled him and made Zayn look at him, "Listen to me, Zayn. What happened with your mum or your baba wasn't in anyone's hand. The doctors tried their best with her treatment, it was her time to go, accept it, baby. Please don't blame yourself and anyone else. Your baba, do you think he's happy watching you punish yourself everyday, from up there? You don't have to hide your pain, Zayn. Share it with me, talk to me, I'll do anything for your pain to go away. I'm here now, your Liam is with you in every step. Please don't push me away"

Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam's waist, "You won't leave me? They won't take you away like they did with baba and mum?"

Tears circled in Liam's eyes, Zayn had gone through so much alone that he was afraid to let anyone in his life.

"I won't, Zayn. I promise I won't" Liam rested his forehead against Zayn's and shut his eyes.

Zayn pressed a soft kiss to his lips. Liam carded his fingers in Zayn's hair and kissed back more passionately. Their lips moulded into each other like some lost puzzle pieces. Zayn deepened the kiss, making Liam gasp as his tongue was sucked by Zayn. Their tongues glided through each other, eliciting moans from both men.

Both pulled away breathing heavily, but still stayed close.

"This was the best kiss of my life" Liam breathed out, making Zayn chuckle lightly and if Liam's cheesy lines make his husband happy, he wouldn't mind saying more.