Strawberries and Cigarettes

Liam hummed his favourite song softly as the song was playing in his ear plugs. Lately he's been obsessed with this one. He won't admit it why though he knows the reason.

It's my story.

Well some parts of it.

He shook his head, his focus should be on completing the assignment that his dear professor has given. Why do they even care to give all these assignments when at the end of the day all their hard work is thrown away?

Okay now is not the time to think about all this.

He was nearly finished and wanted to rest a bit. After a hectic week he needed that rest.

He had thought that being in college was fun. But it was no way near to fun. As he's always been the top student, the pressure of always being perfect in everything is too much for him.

And that too he lived with his parents. His overprotective family was not ready to let him go. Especially his father, well, no one can blame him, Liam and him are the closest. His mum sometimes gets jealous of how strong the father son bond is, but Liam knows she loves him more than his father.

Both of his sisters are married and away from home. He knew his parents will be lonely without him, so he had agreed to stay with them for the first year. Next year him and his friends will shift into an apartment near college itself.

And that way he could be with him.

Speaking of the devil, Liam didn't hear the rustling outside his window because of the music. The intruder came in as quietly as possible.

A startled gasp left Liam's mouth as he felt a soft kiss on his nape.

And the next second his earphones were removed. With a pout, he looked at his boyfriend who dared to interrupt his me time. Yes, listening to his favourite music is Liam's me time. Especially when he listens to the playlist Zayn and he himself made for them.

"I missed you"

Liam tilted his head to look at his love, "Oh yeah? Then why didn't you meet me in between classes?" They had met in the morning near the lockers but then Zayn had disappeared.

He had asked Louis, his boyfriend's best friend, but the blue eyed boy claimed that he didn't have any idea where Zayn was. Liam thought it must be something important that's why Zayn couldn't have informed him.

Zayn moved away from Liam who was sitting at his desk and sat on Liam's bed, "I had to go somewhere"

A frown formed on his lips, "Care to tell me where you went? You didn't even call me back or answer my texts" It's not like Liam doubts his boyfriend, but lately Zayn has been extra clingy to him and at the same time sometimes lost in his own world.

"That's a surprise for you Jaan. And I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you back"

Liam scoffed, "If you're planning for my birthday, let me tell you beforehand, mom and dad have already made plans for a trip. And if you have the guts to talk to them, then be my guest"

The fact that Liam's family doesn't know about his relationship with Zayn is just because the dark haired guy is terrified of Liam's father. The man has served in military so Zayn is scared that senior Payne will shoot him in the head once he gets to know how Zayn took his son's innocence.

A total drama queen Zayn is, Liam thinks.

Zayn's family on the other hand had suspected something between them long back. And when they had finally told the Maliks, they were over the moon.

How could a brat like Zayn get Liam who's a pure angel.

That's a mystery still unsolved.

Liam is quick to join his boyfriend, assignment forgotten, by sitting on his favourite place.
Zayn's lap.