𝐞𝐩 𝟑

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐄
✩ 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐤𝐢𝐝, 𝐞𝐩 𝟑

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇
ᴍᴏɴᴅᴀʏ, ɴᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 𝟷sᴛ
𝟾:𝟸𝟻 ᴀᴍ

𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟖

✰...𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, rolled in and it was your first day at your new high school. since freshman year of your high school years, you've been switching schools back to back due to your parents jobs. personally, all the other schools you've been to in the past weren't exactly your favorites. hopefully, your new high school would be different.

angeles high, the largest merged district high school in california. kids from all areas of neighborhoods, coming together to attend this one big school. your dad didn't agree to sending you here since you were gonna surround yourself with others who might be a 'bad influence' as if attending private schools with immature white men wasn't bad enough. your mom let you go, it was her idea to send you here.

your car was already parked in the school parking lot, your coach tote bag dangled by your wrist as you approached the school entrance. you looked around the interior of the school in awe, even though you attended the open house, you were still wowed by how big the school was.

you barely even walked down the hall and people were already glancing at you. it wasn't weird stares or odd stares, it was more of dumbfounded stares, stares of amazement of how pretty you looked. you stood out in a good way, along with the other girls that dressed somewhat similar to you.

you sauntered down the hall in your denim skirt that worn with your black low platform mary janes, pulling down on your black halter crop top that showed off your collarbone tattoo. the charmed bracelets on your wrist rattling against each other at everywhere small wave you sent to other students who were kind enough to smile at you.

you flipped your hair that was newly braided into box braids over your shoulder as you finally made it to the office to get your schedule. knocking the door first before poking your head through the crack of the door, you fully walked in the office to give the lady behind the office desk a warm smile.

"good morning!" the secretary beamed at you, you waved at her with a smile on your face that matched her energy. her long brown hair was clipped up in a ponytail so it wouldn't get all over her face when she's using her computer and moving around in the office. she wore a pant suit for her comfort, her square shaped glasses rested near the tip of her nose. a small golden name tag was placed on top of her desk, '𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐙𝐎𝐄' was printed on it.

"hi i'm y/n richards, i'm here for my schedule," you drummed your nails against the desk, waiting for hange to get back to you. hange's lashes fluttered as she shifted her eyes around her screen to find your name in the system.

"ah there we go, check your phone and you're schedule should pop up by now," she told you with a gummy smile on her face, wondering to yourself if her cheeks ever hurt from smiling so much. you thanked her and left the office, getting yourself prepared for your first period.

homeroom, easy way to settle first thing in the morning. the more you walked down the halls, the more louder it got. this part of the hallway was farther away than the front of the school where the entrance was.

you flitted past the group of boys that were play fighting each other near their lockers, your ears perking at the sound of loud music being played in the classrooms with the doors opened and your smile widening at a group of boys dancing and rapping along to the music.