𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟏

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐄
✩ 𝐳𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟏
ᴢᴀɪʀᴇ's ᴘᴏᴠ

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐂𝐀
ᴛʜᴜʀsᴅᴀʏ, ɴᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 𝟷𝟾ᴛʜ
𝟼:𝟶𝟺 ᴘᴍ

𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟖

✰...𝐙𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆. racing with angry thoughts, violent thoughts, thoughts of self consciousness and even thoughts of you. he felt like his brain was gonna explode from how badly his mind was being clouded up this way.

zaire walked another block to approach his small house that looked like a rectangular box. it wasn't dark yet but the sky was dim with light, the orange clouds being the only thing accompanying the blank sky. the neighborhood was deserted, thankfully. zaire's patience was on thin ice and he didn't need no banger making his mood any worse. no mood to argue nor fight with nobody.

zaire walked into his house, the sound of quietness lingering in the air. his parents weren't home and he knew that, judging by the sight of neither of their cars being parked on the curb in front of their house. he walked down the halls to head to his bedroom but was stopped by the sound of a deep, masculine voice calling out to him in the kitchen.

zaire sucked his teeth and looked over his shoulder to find his older brother, jayvon, leaning against the refrigerator with his arms crossed while eyeing his younger brother, "you're home early," jayvon said.

"whatchu all up in my kitchen fo' jayvon?" zaire said with a groan. the tip of jayvon's tongue poked against his inner cheek as he slowly shook his head at his brother who clearly didn't sound too excited to see him home from college.

"this ain't even yo kitch-" jayvon was beginning to say with a soft snort but stopped himself. instead, he said, "nice seeing you too bro." zaire simply rolled his eyes and walked to his bedroom to toss his duffel bag onto the ground. starvation was beating his ass and the only thing he was excited for this evening was to eat the left over sweet fried plantains he made.

he walked right out of his room, not even acknowledging his older brother on the other side of their small kitchen. when it came to being alone, zaire cherished every moment of it besides being around you, connie and rocky.

he hated having company when he wants to be alone, especially when he's in the kitchen. zaire shook off the annoyance he built up and opened the refrigerator to get ready to crave on his left over sweet fried plantains.

jayvon pulled himself onto the marble like kitchen counter and eyed his brother closely who was prepping his lil meal before putting in the microwave to heat it up. though zaire always seemed to act cold and distant from his brother, jayvon knew something was somewhat wrong with zaire.

"zay," jayvon spoke out, waiting for his brother to at least respond to him with at least a hum. nothing. jayvon clasped his fingers onto his lap and continued speaking anyway, "uh, did something happen...during training?"

zaire slammed the microwave door shut, still ignoring his brother. for a second, zaire wasn't even thinking about what happened down in south central with connie. now, he remembered why he came irritated home in the first place.