Love 51

How can I unlove someone?

'Cause I know if I keep this feeling longer, I'd be falling for that person again and again. And to love that person hurts me even more, for I will never have his love that I long.

I watched myself in my full-length mirror wearing the evening gown I bought. It looks perfect on me, hugging every curve of my body. The slit was a bit high but it doesn't matter anymore. I can play daring and scatheless for tonight.

"Babe? You wanna hitch with us?" tanong ni Lariza mula sa phone. I bet she's with Lancelot na dahil siya naman ang nag-invite kay Lariza. And speaking of that dangerous man, I should be watching his every move to my girl.

"Yes, please."

Naghintay nalang ako sa labas ng condo dahil on the way na naman sila. Buti nalang talaga at nagdala ako ng scarf dahil sobrang lamig dito sa labas at naka-off shoulder pa ako. 

Nang makarating sila ay naamaze ako sa dating ng dalawa. I must admit that they look good together, but no! I still have to confirm this man's intention to Lariza.

My girl is just so elegant to look at, tonight. No wonder if Lance will fall for her beauty. She's wearing a cream satin silhouette-sheath gown which matched her tall and thin body. It comes with simple details but is so fabulous-looking.  

The party was supposed to start at seven but when we arrived at 7:32, hindi pa rin sila nagsisimula. The ushers entertained the guests and lead them to empty tables.

Hindi na kami nahirapang maghanap dahil mayroon namang bakante na mas malapit sa stage. The theme was so cute yet daring. A combination of baby blue and black. Sakto lang din pala ang sinuot ko ngayon.

Sana nga ay hindi ako 'yung mapagkamalang ikakasal. Sana nga.

The function hall was designed elegantly, na aakalain mong ngayon na talaga ang kasal. Masasabi kong pinaghandaan talaga. Sino nga namang ikakasal ang babasta-bastahin ang engagement party?

"Soleil! You look rather dazzling tonight! Ikaw 'yung ikakasal girl?"

Namamanghang bungad ni Baste. He was holding a glass of wine kaya tingin ko'y kanina pa itong nandito.

Tinawanan ko lang ang biro nito ngunit sa kaloob-looban ko ay sana nga.

"Wow." Tanging nasabi ko nang pagmasdan ko itong si Baste sa harapan ko.

I thought that gwapo naman itong si Baste but tonight, I didn't know na may mas iga-gwapo pa pala ito. He's wearing a black suit and tie. It was a common clothe to wear but iba pa rin talaga kapag bumagay ito sa magsusuot.

And I noticed that he let his hair down which is so unlikely sa kanyang formal or office hair-do.

A man stood up and caught our attention using a tablespoon and a wine glass. He introduced himself as Gerard Alegado, the bride's father.

He started the night with a prayer which I think ay binilin talaga ni Ruby. Or maybe they usually start it with a prayer.

I don't know. I've never been to any engagement party before. Ruby and Addi's party will be the first, so better be a special experience. A really special one, indeed.

He thanked all of the guests for attending his daughter and future son-in-law's party. He looks so proud with his wide and bright smile.

I have never seen my father smiled like the way Ruby's father did. He didn't even showed to my graduation, even after passing the board exam. I know I was building a wall against my family but with his simple "congrats", it all melted away. It was like a fire. The fire that I've been waiting to break my walls.