Part 2.5: What if Penryn Got Wings!?

People's stares came from everywhere as Peryn ran through the prison halls. Kids pointed in awe as parents took them away saying, "She's one of them."  This made Penryn confused on why Obi had let her stay in the camp with wings.
Right as she was about to run out the front door Penryn remember their cell. Mom was probably inside praying or mumbling her satanic things in the darkness of the poorly light room. She stopped and looked toward the exit and toward the cell. Mom would be fine alone, but would she be able to get food? Paige was safe, she was in the woods with ten of her locust friends, she had food and water and had all of her needs would be meet. But Mom, she was the main concern. 

"Go, they are looking for you," said Mom. Penryn jumped and the circle of space grew around her and Mom as everyone gave as much room as they seemed fit to the family of freaks. "The Heavens are looking, meanwhile the Devil is unknowing," and Mom walked away mumbling into the crowd. Penryn stood confused and alone in the mass concrete hallway. What did Mom mean? 

"Penryn Young!" called Obi over the crowds. "Report to me at once."

Weapon, he wants to use you as a weapon, yelled the little voice in the back of Penryn's head. And with that, Penryn was off.