Part 5: What if Penryn Got Wings!?

Peryn sat shocked at Raffe's quick explination. Now it was her turn to stare at Raffe with her mouth forming and O.
"Can you go into any more detail?" Now preparing for her mind to be blown Penryn sat down comfortably and arranged her gown around her feet, looked at Raffe, and nodded as if to signify she was ready.
"There is a sprit that sits at the right hand of God, Spirt goes around and makes sure all humans are all fine. Spirt is sorta like a unknow police officer for humans-" Penry opened her mouth as if to say something but Raffe read her mind and kept talking. "Yes I know, 'So why is there still suffering on Earth?' God gave men the freedom of will, so Sprit can't stop everything and save everyone. So Spirt goes around and does Sprit's best to save at least someone. But when Spirt see someone worthy of being more than a mortal, Sprit goes back up to Heaven and tries to bring that person into our world. Usally that does not hapen because they have a mortal flaw that makes them unable to ascend. But, it has happened two times before but the Dignus have not survived long. Their mortal upbring has cursed them. Either with death or she was been trapped in hell. Somehow, through everything, Spirt has seen you worthy and conviced God to draft you. Each time this has happened the wings of the Dignus have had the appearance of a metal. First was coper, second was gold, and now silver. Your metallic wings are the marker. They also have a special power," Raffe plucked a feather from my newly grown wings sending a pain into my back and went up to the tree. With an easy swipe of the wrist he cut off a branch. Penryn was even more shocked than before. "Your feathers can change form, hybrid metal or the usal downy and flight feathers. It's ment to be another form of protection for the Dignus. Those guys over there must have been here to take you into God's presents. Penryn, you are now the most powerful angel in the whole army of us. Your special blood and wings make you more powerful. God has chosen you to do something now and you will be tested."
Penryn's mind was spring in circles. She had once been a nobody in highschool and now here she was an angel, not even a normal one. A Gardian. "You said I was a 'Gardian,' what about that?"
"None others made it that far."
"Why do you keep saying Sprit? Spirt this Spirt that? Is it a he or a she!? Is it the Holy Spirit!? Why me!? What happen to the others!? Why did they get punished!? Does any body care about what I want!? Maybe I didn't fucking want to be an angel!?" Anger spread a fire through Penryn's body she got up and walked towards the river. Tears had come into her eyes and they we not going to be stopped. Her head hurt and her body ached. This was way to much for one day. Slowly Raffe came to face her and cautiously embraced Penryn into a hug. First she was shocked but Penryn was so tierd to care about how forbidden this was or what the rules now were. Penryn acepted the hug and cried the tears that wanted to come into Raffe's bare shoulder. How unfair this also was. Here she was with Gardian wings and him cursed with demonic ones. How cruel fate was in this appoctoloptic world.
Raffe stood up straight and pulled back. Penryn regained herself also and looked up at Raffe's face to see him looking at the sun. He said quietly, "We better find your sister."