Random Scene #3: A Slow Day

"Paige, don't swim that far out!" Penryn shouted from her place on the beach.

They snuck out at dawn, undetected, and grabbed only the things they needed for their mission.

Blankets, check.

Snacks, check.

Spare clothes, check.

Paige found a beach not to far from where Penryn, Mom, and her were camping a couple weeks ago and bugged Penryn to go with her there ever since.
'Hero's' deserve a break right? She asked herself as she indulged in the rays of the setting sun. Aaaaah, maybe I do deserve this, a little. Peryn rolled over on her tattered towel thing.

Paige's shouted, "Ryn-Ryn come swim with me," from the water that must have been deeper then her tall. "The water's great!"

"Okay, wait. I wanna change first," she replied.

Penryn grabbed the skimpy running shorts and the orange tank-top she swiped from a pile of clothing back at camp and jogged to a little bushed area to change. Thank goodness there was nobody here to see Penryn because she looked like a sluty traffic cone. She ran into the water, not thinking about how freezing it might be and just plunged in.

A shiver started from her toes and went up Penryn's body as her head broke the water.

"How in the world can you swim in this?" Penryn asked Paige, her teeth chattering. Paige slowly swam over laughing, "Ryn-Ryn you should have seen your face." Giggles took over Paige and she went under. When she came back up Penryn, acting annoyed, splashed Paige and swam away laughing. And so started The Great Giggle Scandle.

It was almost dark, Penryn and Paige lay on the sand and starred at the sky, marveling at the stars. They had swam until Penryn's muscles were sore. And now they relaxed. Now after the apocalypse you could see every star. It looked like staring at a satin dress with thousands of sparkles everywhere. Penryn's breath was taken away. She felt a little tinge of sadness, Penryn wondered where Raffe was. what did he think of this night?

"Beautiful day," came Obi's vioce, "wasn't it?"

"Yeah." Was all Penryn could reply. She turned to face Obi on her left side. She had herd someone coming on the beach but only grabbed Pooky Bear's hilt and decided to wait and see if the slow walking intruder was worth getting up. Obviously not, here was Obi on here side. He was staring at the herizin and breathing deeply, "I don't think anyone of us will have these kinds if days anymore."