Part 4: What if Penryn Got Wings!?

"Miss me?" said Raffe.

"Raffe," my heart started to pound, my mind went into a numbing overdrive. "Why are you here!?" Don't you know how dangerous this is to the both of us...

He leaned back against the tree and kicked his feet up on the branch. His bangs fell into his eyes and the patches of sunlight flickered against his tanned skin. "My weekly check up. Seems like you were having a party without me." Raffe looked over at me with his piercing blue eyes and pointed to the ground below. I looked down and swore under my breath. Here I was talking with Raffe when, that thing, down there was attacking my kidnappers and probably looking for me. 

"Don't worry, they're knocked out cold, I made sure of it," Raffe said mid-yawn.

"You!?" I turned to face Raffe, my feathers tickling my back. "I never seen you be able to move that fast! I-, you were just a-"

"Sick, I know. Why haven't you been out? I came here yesterday and couldn't find you."

Before I could reply the feather tickling my back caused me to sneeze. My wings unfolded and were now as open as they could be between the tree's branches. Raffe turned his head and said, "God blessss... Penryn-"

She looked down at her hands. Penryn was suddenly ashamed that she had gotten wings, "Surprise."

When Penryn looked up, she saw Raffe's jaw had slightly dropped and his eyes were searching her face.

"When did you get those!?" Fear, awe and anger were written in Raffe's eyes. He did not try to hide his emotions when Penryn matched his gaze. Suddenly, Raffe dropped down from the tree and landed perfectly like the 50ft drop was nothing.

I guess I can do that too. And Penryn took the jump and to her surpise landed in Raffe's arms. He had caught her but his eyes seemed clouded and his mind racing. Raffe sat Penryn down under the shade of the tree and began to talk.

"Do you have any idea what has happened to you?" Raffe did not wait for a reply. "You were chosen by a Spirit to join to Angel race and act as a Guardian. Your metallic wings are the marker. This has only happen two times before in the history of the world, now you are the third. Those guys over there must have been here to take you into God's presents. Penryn you are now the most powerful angel in the whole army of us."