The Fear.

The Next Morning...

The sun had barely rose over the horizon as I stepped onto the beach with Gracie at my heels, with a cautious look up to me, I nod and she darts off across the sand, to investigate what may have been churned up on the beach overnight.

Golden rays bloom across the horizon, stretching out towards the light blue sky, promising a warm beautiful day ahead. Walking across the sand, I watch Gracie for a little long and when I deem that it is safe, I take my eyes off her to look at the sea.

I can see why Zak loves the ocean, the sound, smell and colours.. It sings to a part of your soul. Maybe it's the pureness of it? Maybe it's nature welcoming a part of nature home? Whatever it is, the feeling of relaxation almost disables me, as I take a seat on the rocks.

The sound of gulls is almost eerie, if it wasn't for the warm colours rising up from the sea and I can't help but smile and even laugh when Gracie picks up some seaweed and flicks it away from her. Peace, tranquillity with a hint of menace from the mansion with a dark history that looms behind me.

It's almost as if a part of me calls to the mansion, to go and investigate it and to dig deeper into it's history. To pull out every wrong doing and set the decades of wrong that has plagued it. But it wasn't my fight, it wasn't my home or past. The mansion on a whole has nothing to do with me, and whilst there is an eerie similarities between me and Marie, I have to remember our lives are separate, our time lines will never collide. 

Determined to put my right foot forward, I decide to leave the mansion and it's history in the past, where it belongs. My focus has to be Theo, Zak and Gracie. Not chasing after ghosts, because that was not my job, after all. 

An hour passes on the beach with Gracie and  we head back, making sure to stop at the door where I pick up her doggy towel and clean the sand off her paws.

"Good Morning." Zak greets me as I enter the cottage.

"Well, good morning to you." I answer.

There is something about my husband being stood in the kitchen, leant against the side eating an orange, in his boxers, that makes me all warm inside. 

"You should put some pants on, you'll give the neighbours a fright." I tease, grabbing a kiss from him before sitting down at the island.

"Aaron has seen me in worst states." He shrugs.

My mouth opens to question that, before I decide that I probably don't want to know. Instead, I scrunch my nose as an answer and accept the piece of orange he is offering me. Silently grateful that he picks up another orange and begins peeling it... I'm surprisingly hungry.

"I gave you last night... So imagine my surprise this morning when I woke up alone." He says.

I curve my lips to a smile "And what a night."

He smirks but tilts his head for more of an answer.

"I took Gracie out on the beach early, just wanted to clear my head."

"Is this place playing on your mind that much?" He worries.

Scratching my forehead, I shrug. "It's definitely played with my mind but not enough to worry, it's just hindered our vacation. We came for a break and I feel like I've been dropped in a pile of questions and mysteries."

"Like the Scooby Gang." Zak adds making me scoff a laugh. "Theo made me watch it yesterday. Thinks me finding ghosts ends up with the crew unmasking them too."

"Ahh, if it weren't for you meddling ghost hunters." I tsk, we both share a laugh before the conversation switches. "But I've decided, enough with ghosts of the past, I'm here, and I plan on living in the moment and enjoying our holiday."