leave me alone

"Dangerous games to play in the dark." I read aloud, looking at the random book which had been put into my locker by somebody. What a load of bullshit, but who in their right mind would put this in my locker?

"Oh (y/n)~" a cheery voice coos from behind me, the tone is so annoyingly happy.

"Listen just- oh it's you." I scoff.

There's this one person at school who annoys me just a little bit less than the rest, even though he's still a pest 99% of the time, we still get along well enough. I would say that I wish I could say the same for the other people at school, but I don't. I don't like them and they don't like me. That's just how it's always been.

"Yes, it's me. What's that?" he points at the book in my hand.

"Someone put it in my locker. Dunno who. Take it." I shove it into his chest before he can reply, then begin to walk off.

"Wait (y/n)!" he starts to run after me, soon catching up to me. I will start running, just go away. "Will you sit with me at lunch? Please?"

"Why? I don't wanna sit with your team."

"But I feel bad for you, spending all your breaks on the roof on your own must be so lonely. It'd make me feel better if you sat with us, or let me come with you."

Atsumu and I have been friends since the beginning of high school. It was one of those 'instant clicks', although I initially found him extremely irritating, he kinda grew on me and I learnt to tolerate him. I know he cares about me, and I do care about him, even if the way I show it isn't exactly...orthodox. Nonetheless, he's stuck by my side throughout the years even when I tried to push him away, so I appreciate him a lot.

"Ugh. Fine."

We begin to walk to the dining hall, and I begin to regret my decision. I can hear the obnoxiously loud laughing already, and we haven't even reached our table yet. Plus, the cafeteria is riddled with all the people who don't like me, the ones who do the most to get any reaction from me.

Once we reach the table, I make sure to sit on the end of the table, and Atsumu sits opposite me. He gives me a look which says 'are you okay?' and I nod, taking out my lunch and planning to focus on anything but the rowdy boys at the table. On my side, is a boy with dark hair which is parted in the middle and a little messy.

He has greenish eyes, tinted with yellow, and faint eyebags underneath. His right ear is closest to me, and I notice that he has an earring hanging from it, and I see another pierced hole beside it which is empty.

I wouldn't have even taken notice of the boy, if he wasn't staring right at me for a good 10 seconds, not even breaking his gaze when I made eye contact with him.

"You need something?" I ask quietly, only slightly looking up from my lunch.

He doesn't reply. Instead he breaks his stare and turns his attention back to the conversation going on at the opposite end of the table.

"Fucking creep." I mutter under my breath, only to be absorbed by the feeling of being watched again.

"What was that?" the boy asks, looking at me once again.

"I said you're a fucking creep. Stop staring at me." I keep my voice quiet.

"Why am I a creep?"

"Because you're staring at me, I've already told you this shit."

"Alright." he shrugs and diverts his gaze.

Huh? Just 'alright'? I got all riled up for nothing. This guy is weird.