8. If you have powers, use them

Y/n's POV
I woke up in the night, because of a noise. It sounded like someone was crying.
„Natasha?" I whispered.
No answer.
„Natasha? What's wrong?"
Still no answer.

I went to her bed.
Nat was lying there, still asleep. Tears were rolling over her cheeks and she mumbled something I couldn't understand.
I moved my head closer to her and could finally understand what she was saying: „No! Don't touch her. She's only six years old! Don't touch her."

I sat on her bed and started to stroke her arm. „Nat, wake up. You're having a nightmare."
She woke up and started crying even more. What's wrong with her. I have never seen her crying before. It broke my heart.

„Natasha, everything is okay. It was just a nightmare." I whispered.
„No, it wasn't just a nightmare." Natasha said under tears.
„Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked softly.
Natasha shook her head and turned her back to me. She was still crying so much, that her whole body trembled.

I just couldn't see her crying, so I lay down next to her and hugged her from behind. „It's okay, Natasha. Everything is okay.." I whispered in her ear. Soon she was no longer crying so hard and after about twenty minutes I heard her breathing become regular. I think she's asleep now. I hope she's okay.
My eyelids became heavy and I fell asleep too pretty soon.

The next morning I was really confused. Why I am lying in Natasha's bed?! And why am I hugging her?
Then I remembered the night. Natasha was still asleep. She was holding my hand with both of her hands. She looks so cute right now.
I kept cuddling her, because it was kinda comforting. She smells so nice. I pressed my nose in her red hair and just breathed.

After about twenty minutes Natasha woke up.

Nat's POV
I woke up in the morning and saw my hands around Y/n's hand. I immediately jumped up and turned around.
Y/n was looking at me with an expression I couldn't read. I thought about how we just lay there a few seconds ago and immediately felt my cheeks getting hot. I saw that Y/n was blushing too.

Y/n cleared her throat. „Uh...sorry, I guess."
„No, it's okay... Thanks for you know... the night. It really helped me."
„Yeah- Not a problem." She gave me a little smile and rushed into the bathroom, her cheeks were as red as cherries.
Why is she acting so weird? Why am I acting so weird?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. We hate each other. She hates me and I-... Yes, I hate her too. I hate her too.

I changed into black jeans, a black shirt and a red leather jacket. When Y/n came out of the bathroom, still with red cheeks, I went in and washed my face.

When Y/n and I were both ready we walked down to have breakfast. There was a huge breakfast buffet with eggs, pancakes, different types of bread, cereal and many other things. I ate a little bit of everything, which was already too much. But Y/n ate a big bowl of yoghurt with cereal and fruit, eggs with bacon, four pancakes, swiss cheese and two croissants. How can a living human eat so much?

I smiled, when I saw how much joy she had. Why am I smiling? I shouldn't be smiling.
When Y/n looked up, I immediately took a sip of my orange juice to hide my smile.

Y/n's POV
When I was finished eating, I looked up. Natasha was smiling at me, but grabbed her glass to hide it. Well... That didn't work. I smirked. Why did she smile? Was she smiling the whole time? Why do I even care about this? I sighed. What's wrong with me?
Nat cleared her throat and raised an eyebrow. „Where are your thoughts?"
„In my head?" I tried to be funny. Oh, this was so bad.

Natasha just rolled her eyes. „Let's go back to our room."

When we were in our room the alarm of the computer went on after about five minutes.
Natasha rushed to the computer. „Jonathan Jeffrey Jones was seen by a security camera at the edge of the forest near to us a minute ago."
We both changed into our suits and I grabbed a gun. Natasha also grabbed some weapons. She looks so hot in that suit.

Natasha and I took the motorcycle Tony gave us for the mission. She sat in the front and I held her tight from behind, because I didn't want to fall. Her back was pressed against me, like in night. Natasha sped through the town without caring about the speed limits.
I shouted: „If we die, because you drive like this, I'm gonna kill you!"

We stopped close to the forest and pulled the motorcycle in a dark corner, because it was pretty noticeable.
„Let's split up." Natasha said.

„Okay, I go right and you left." We split up and soon I was in the forest. I sneaked through the forest, trying not to make any sound.

Suddenly I heard a noise. I ducked down behind a bush. Trough the leaves I could see Jonathan Jeffrey Jones.
„Target spottet." I said while pressing a finger on my ear.
„On the way." I heard Natasha saying through my ear.

Jonathan Jeffrey Jones was walking further into the forest. What is he doing?
I accidentally stepped on a twig. It broke under my shoe. Fuck.

„Who is here?" Jones shouted.
I tried to stay hidden. It didn't actually work. A bullet hit the tree i was hiding behind. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I blindly shot in his direction. He shot back. I rolled behind a bush to have a better view, but I never hit him. At some point my gun didn't shoot anymore.
„I'm out of bullets, Natasha. Please hurry up a bit. I don't want to die!"

„You don't need bullets, Y/n." Natasha said trough my ear. She sounded like she was running.
„Of course I do."

„No. You have powers, you idiot."

„Oh, that's right. I forgot."

How can I be so dumb? I let fire come out of my hands and shot some fireballs at Jones. But he could dodge the bullets.
I tried a couple more times to hit him, but failed miserably, because I also had to dodge his bullets. Where's Natasha?
„I'll be there soon. Don't get killed." Natasha said, as if she had read my thoughts.

I changed my strategy. With my left hand I built up a shield of water so that the bullets wouldn't hit me. I stepped out of the bush and some bullets were flying in my direction. But every single one of them couldn't get through the water barrier. I used my right hand to blow some air in Jones' direction.

This was the first time I saw fear in his face for a moment. I smirked. Then I went full power.

Jones was thrown into the air and got pressed against a tree. There, his arm was impaled by a branch.
I did it. I caught h—
Suddenly I felt something hard hit the back of my head and everything went black.